Someone who's stayed at Cypress Pointe recently

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We're staying in a 2 bedroom there in June. Do they have any kind of stereo system or radio in their condos? We like to listen to music while getting ready in the mornings. Also, do they provide daily maid service? TIA:)

We're staying in a 2 bedroom there in June. Do they have any kind of stereo system or radio in their condos? We like to listen to music while getting ready in the mornings. Also, do they provide daily maid service? TIA:)

No daily maid service. You can get a mid-week cleaning at extra cost. Which resort - Cypress Pointe Resort or Cypress Pointe Grande Villas? Makes a difference about the stereo. (CPR has them - CPGV does not).

We'll be at CPR so sounds like we'll have some sort of stereo. That's good to know. And we don't mind about the maid service. Thanks for the response.:)

We'll be at CPR in June too. We stayed there in 2005 and had a great time. Just a word of caution though they are doing some remodeling work there this year that will extend into the summer...painting, etc...

I'm not too worried about it as we'll spend a lot of time in the parks, but the pool is great and you're right outside Disney. We fly to Orlando 4 months from today...I can't wait!

Do you have more details on the remodeling work? My aunt just sent me my guest certificate for June. It mentioned the work, but it did not give specifics.

Thank you,
Marcie

Do you have more details on the remodeling work? My aunt just sent me my guest certificate for June. It mentioned the work, but it did not give specifics.

Thank you,
Marcie

Right now the buildings are undergoing exterior painting. It is one building at a time and there should be little or no disruption for guests except for possible restrictions in some parking spaces. That project may wrap up as soon as June or could, depending on the weather, stretch into fall.

The other project is the new recreation / picnic area now under construction in front of the Clubhouse. This is a 14 week project that is again contained to that area in front of the Clubhouse, behind Building 8 and adjacent to the forever wild area near the entrance. While construction is underway a tennis & basketball court are available at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. Shuffleboard is available behind the volcano pool in Phase 1. When complete the new area will feature a competition level tennis court, 1/2 basketball court, two new shuffleboard courts, a gazebo and picnic area with gas grills. In 2008 the only other planned construction is a 10-12 week renovation of the former pizza/snack shop in the Clubhouse next to the Volcano pool into Cafe Pointe featuring Starbucks coffee and a deli. None of these projects should have much if any impact on the guests during their stay.

Toto is right on...here is a website where you can see construction photos.

http://www.cypresspointe.net/Graphics/011108/Rec11108.htm

12-14 weeks should have them completing just before June...I'm crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath. It is likely they will be painting throughout the summer so you may not always have a peaceful morning if they happen to be working on your building.

Sounds like painting will probably be the only potential pain while we're there in June...

Smart Alert Building Paint Work

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Outside paint of all the buildings will re-start on January 3, 2008, will continue until end of June at least. Conditions to the guest will be as always trying to isolate the areas as much as possible, but there situations where we will not be able to isolate the area. There will be some noise ... also will try to prevent it but elimination will be impossible. Some dust from the construction too which will try to control but elimination is not realistic.

Smart Alert Cafe Construction

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Cafe to start construction in the first quarter of 2008 for as long as 4 months from starting date

Smart Alert Recreational Area Construction

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Recreational Area to start construction in late January to last three months approximately

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter