Someone taking pictures of my house

SOnotLayuh

DIS Veteran
So a neighbor of mine came over while DH was mowing the lawn today and told us that there was a man taking photos of our house this morning :scared1:

He asked him what he was doing, and the man said that our house was being foreclosed. This isn't even possible... I called the bank and they said that they didn't send anyone.

I'm a little freaked. DH, of course, said "I wonder if they're scoping out our house to break in" :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Our county isn't up for reevaluating yet, and I have no idea why this guy would have told the neighbor that the house was being foreclosed upon. DH has me definitely worried.

What do you think?

Maybe he was from a different bank and got your address confused with the one he was really needing pics of. :confused3
*Edit* Sorry, Minniemama350. We must have been posting at the same time.

I would call the non emergency number for the police and have them interview the neighbor for a description. that is so not right. We did have someone from the mortgage company come out and they are not allowed on the property (impossible on our case private road that ends in my driveway) they were taking pictures I told them nexttime they'd better call or I was meeting them with the 357 and it would be loaded. people just don't show up at our house.

Could it have been your homeowners insurance company? I know that they come out and take pictures sometimes.

Maybe what he meant was that he was taking COMPS on a house that is going into foreclosure but chances are he had the wrong address.

Maybe your house is really pretty and they like the look of it and stopped to take pics of it?

Maybe your house is really pretty and they like the look of it and stopped to take pics of it?

Then why would the guy say the house was being foreclosed? That's a pretty crappy thing to say. It could be a mistaken address, but it would creep me out.

I don't know why they would have said we were getting foreclosed on, then.

PPs who suggested the wrong address - I hope you're right!

Calling the cops to interview my neighbor seems like overkill that would get us on the "disliked" list here. We just moved in during January and don't know too many people yet :confused3

That would have me freaked out. I'd definatly keep an eye on things. Are you out of the house alot?? And do you have a decent security system set up??

That would have me freaked out. I'd definatly keep an eye on things. Are you out of the house alot?? And do you have a decent security system set up??

I'm here (not working yet) and have a security system.

The main thing I'm worried about is if someone DID break in, our cats may get out... and they're blind, so they aren't really capable of surviving on their own outside :guilty:

We have insurance for tangible items. It's the intangibles that are irreplaceable!

I'm sure he said the house was getting forclosed on, because it's happening so much. And people are pretty gullable. Plus you wouldn't talk to your neighbors about personal financial stuff like that. So it wouldn't be something your neighbor would be aware of happening.

They could be just getting appraisal info on houses that are comparable to yours in the area. We see that alot.

Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Do you live in Mecklenburg county? We are up for revaluation this year.

Here is the local news link:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/05/02/1410546/revaluation-schedule.html

They haven't started the process yet - my father owns a reevaluation business and I checked with him :goodvibes - but thanks for pointing that out! I appreciate your trying to be helpful :disrocks:

I called the police just to report suspicious activity and I'm not the first report they've gotten with the same car description in the area. They're increasing patrol between certain hours during the day time to hopefully nix whatever it is that's going on.

Apparently we had a lot of break-ins about 6 months back, and then they suddenly stopped and no one caught the perps :sad2:

Wow, at least you called the cops and are on a heads up now. I hope some one catches them this time around.

They haven't started the process yet - my father owns a reevaluation business and I checked with him :goodvibes - but thanks for pointing that out! I appreciate your trying to be helpful :disrocks:

Sorry! I was hoping it was just an idependent contractor for the county :confused3. Hopefully nothing will come of it and it was just someone with the wrong address.

Whenever you have suspicious things happening in the area contact your community service officer. Also make sure you invite them to your monthly neighborhood meeting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter