Someone Stole my Disney E-gift funds!

sweetpeakaris

DIS Veteran
Last year I purchased $725 in Disney e-gift cards from Target, combined them and added to disneygiftcard.com and found out today that someone has transferred the balance I had left of $249 to another gift card on Dec 18th. I was told to call in the morning to speak with billing and they will be able to look further into it. I just had $475 refunded to the same card for cancelling a room, concerned they might steal that now. Will I get my money back? Has this happened to anyone else?

Is the $425 showing on the go yet? If it is or as soon as it posts, I would transfer it to a new card immediately.
So sorry. I hope Disney can reverse the transfer for you.

How do you check transaction history on the site? I can’t remember if we used our entire balance on our last trip or not and now I’m worried.

How do you check transaction history on the site? I can’t remember if we used our entire balance on our last trip or not and now I’m worried.

Oddly the site is not showing my transaction history for any of my cards saved on there. I had to call Disney and they show it was transferred to another card which is strange because I never got a email saying I transferred it but i just transferred the $475 to another card and got a email right away confirming. So somehow they stole the funds and it didn’t trigger an email alert.

This is worrisome. Seems like I read something about this happening to someone else too. Maybe?

So yesterday I changed the password on my disneygiftcard site and moved $475 I had to another account and just now I get a email saying I transferred that money to another cad, I log on and now that $475 is gone too. So they’ve stole $725 from me.
And I know for a fact they’ve hacked my disneygiftcard site because they made the card my primary card and it wasn’t my primary card yesterday. So it’s the gift card site that’s been hacked. 7am can’t get here fast enough for me, I’m angry and I hope I get my money back!!

That's awful! Hope you get it all back. I've been deleting the gift cards from the site after combining for exactly this fear. :(

That’s insane-

I just deleted the one I had there and got an email so something is definitely wonky about your account

Update- Disney was able to freeze the card the $475 was transferred to but claiming I may be out of the $249, they are looking into it and will call me later to update. I hope I get my entire $725 back. I'm never buying e-gift cards or using disneygiftcard site again!

I have one on the site with $79 on it. It has been there a while but I think I am going to remove it and not place another penny onto their site. I hate this because it was really nice to be able to store them there. Any alternatives to such?

Update- Disney was able to freeze the card the $475 was transferred to but claiming I may be out of the $249, they are looking into it and will call me later to update. I hope I get my entire $725 back. I'm never buying e-gift cards or using disneygiftcard site again!

I’m pleased to hear that you got the $475 sorted. Fingers crossed that they can sort out the rest of your money. 😃

disney+ wasn't hacked, but often people use the same password for all their online accounts. These accounts tend to use their email address as the username.. So when a new service like disney+ comes out, people will try the email/password combo they got from other sites and lo and behold it works. At that point they could also try the same login/password on disney's gift card site. Everyone should be using a password manager and a different password on EVERY single site they use.

I'm never buying e-gift cards or using disneygiftcard site again!

Really sorry that this happened but this just reinforces why you should avoid purchasing gift cards if at all possible until you are ready to use them.

As an example I know from personal experience than I can charge $3000 to my RedCard in one day. I can do this all online and it makes it easy to get the $500 gift cards and use them right away.

You can also get a $25 physical card from Target, merge it to that card and then delete it from the profile.

The site really needs to add a two step verification process so this doesn't keep happening. I hope they're able to help you this morning!

2FA should be a requirement by law to not be liable as the company. If you are going to offer services like these it should at least have bare minimum in security and now that we are in 2020 I would say 2FA is pretty much a bare minimum. This whole thing sucks.

I only use the Disney gift card site immediately before calling in a dcl payment to Costco. This is a nightmare. I’m sorry you are dealing with this.

disney+ wasn't hacked, but often people use the same password for all their online accounts. These accounts tend to use their email address as the username.. So when a new service like disney+ comes out, people will try the email/password combo they got from other sites and lo and behold it works. At that point they could also try the same login/password on disney's gift card site. Everyone should be using a password manager and a different password on EVERY single site they use.
If only that was possible. People use the same info because Disney requires it. All Disney related sites are forced to have the same info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter