Someone sell me on a resort!!

kpapiezjhbk7211

Mouseketeer
Myself, DH, DS3, and DS6 will be there November 18-24 2014. We were there in 2012 and stayed at CBR and in 2013 at POR. At CBR we had a preferred room but still a 10 minute walk to the feature pool/food court. At POR we had a garden view room with about a 5 minute walk to the feature pool/food court.

This year were brining my in-laws. FIL has had a stroke and has somewhat of a hard time walking. I'm thinking we're going to need a preferred room no matter where we stay. This is their first time so I want it to be really good for them.

I was thinking about Coronado springs, since it would be new to everyone. But then I'm thinking we liked POR a lot and we would get AB section if we booked preferred rooms. We were in the mansion section last year, so AB would be something different for us too. I also liked CBR but even in a preferred room the walk was so long, also the double beds is a drawback too.

French quarter would be different too, except it's been excluded from free dining recently, and if FD is offered I would love to take advantage of it.

What are your thoughts???

Our net impression of CSR was that it was beautiful but that everything felt like a very long walk. The rooms are far from the main building (might be different for preferred - it's been a few years so memory isn't clear about that since we didn't have them), and the pool is also a distance from the main building. I think POFQ would be good if you'd prefer smaller grounds. Everything is much closer together there. POR preferred would also be good but you've been there before.

Preferred rooms at CSR are very close to the lobby... The resort is awesome and it has more restaurant options than other moderates (Café Rix, Pepper Market, Maya Grill and the new Las Ventanas)...

I love Coronado Springs Resort! If you pay a little extra to stay in Cabana's building 9B you are very close to El Centro and The Digsite. Plus you have access to Coconino Cove which is a lounge serving a continental breakfast and snacks at night!

Myself, DH, DS3, and DS6 will be there November 18-24 2014. We were there in 2012 and stayed at CBR and in 2013 at POR. At CBR we had a preferred room but still a 10 minute walk to the feature pool/food court. At POR we had a garden view room with about a 5 minute walk to the feature pool/food court.

This year were brining my in-laws. FIL has had a stroke and has somewhat of a hard time walking. I'm thinking we're going to need a preferred room no matter where we stay. This is their first time so I want it to be really good for them.

I was thinking about Coronado springs, since it would be new to everyone. But then I'm thinking we liked POR a lot and we would get AB section if we booked preferred rooms. We were in the mansion section last year, so AB would be something different for us too. I also liked CBR but even in a preferred room the walk was so long, also the double beds is a drawback too.

French quarter would be different too, except it's been excluded from free dining recently, and if FD is offered I would love to take advantage of it.

What are your thoughts???

I would recommend that your FIL look into renting a scooter no matter what, it will make a big difference. My FIL has cardiac issues & was so resistant in getting it in 2012& then later stated he was so happy he got it & would not do WDW ever again without it.

I would check and make sure pofq is not in the offer. We booked 5 weeks ago and leave in three days. When we called the first time we were told no pofq, so we went back and talked a few minutes and picked POR. They said that was all booked, so again we tried and went CSR. When booking it because we have some issues we asked again about pofq and this time she gave us the discount but not as much as the other three. But by the time we hung up we got the pofq with the same discount t but we had to go to a garden room.

Years ago in 2008, we went POR and it was okay but we definately did not get the best rooms for our situation. It took a huge storm, me almost falling in the river and a screaming baby for them to move us to building 14, which at the time was not a prefered room back then.

This time we wanted to make sure we had a room that would work for our situation so I put it on the ressies. But last week 7 days out I faxed them over exactly what I needed and why this left just 6 rooms I. The whole resort that would meet my request and I knew it was a long short. But on Friday they called told me they have a room blocked out and no one can take it from us until we get there in the middle of the night. They could not tell me the room but did tell me the building, and since there was only one room in each building I knew what one I got.

I feel they worked with me to help me be able to stay with them which I have not since 2008, I usually stay SOG that help me so much, and I was really afraid that pofq would not be able to do anything, but actually I could not find one room in CRS, POR that would have been better. POR there is only two rooms that would meet my specs, CSR had none, CBR I don't know since we never looked into it. I was afraid I would have to go delux and the only one there that would work is WL, so I am so pleased they worked with me. Just tell them what you need and they will help and if they say no to the discount t keep trying.

CBR is scheduled for full room rehab beginning April 2014. This will include queen beds. A November stay should yield a newly refurbished room, as long as everything stays on schedule IMHO.

As another pp stated, a business class CSR reservation would yield a room in building 9B which is smack dab in between the main pool and the main building, and a step away from a bus stop. This would be highly recommended in your situation.

So if you want a brand new room, you'll probably get that from CBR. But, I'd still lean towards that CSR Business Class booking.

Of course, deluxe resorts are out there for the taking, but I get the feeling you want to stay within a moderate resort budget so I'll stop here. Have a great vacation:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter