Solo'ing "The Kitchen Sink" - Is it possible?

adamreisinger

15+ Year Castmember
So I'm going on my next solo trip next week and I have a "dinner" ADR at Beaches & Cream -- but I'm not planning to get any dinner. I'm going solely to try to finish off the Kitchen Sink (probably the chocolate lovers version) by myself. My question is have any of the soloists on here attempted this and had any luck completing it? Or am I crazy for even thinking it can be done?

It says it serves 4 but groups larger than that have had a hard time finishing it. I wouldn't try it.

You are crazy. One regular person literally cannot eat that much without ending up violently ill. Even professional level competitive eaters would have a hard time with that.

Man that is a lot of ice cream and sweets. We have finished it three times now but always with a group of 6-10 people. I don't think one person could eat it all.

The least we had was two of us. And even with two, I brought a clear plastic baggie for cake, brownies, cookies, stuff like that. So DH and I "only" had the ice cream and whipped cream to eat there. As I remember, we did pretty much finish the ice cream, and had snacks for the rest of the week.

That said... if you do end up ordering this and eating it all, I strongly request that you report back. Hopefully with pictures!

and how you were able to roll back to your room! I would imagine it could be done, not sure why you would want to though? Nothing good and come of it :-)

Would the smaller Mickey pants sundae satisfy or does it have to be the Kitchen Sink?

We didnt eat breakfast OR lunch and went to B&C for opening at 11. Didnt eat anything there either and just ordered the Kitchen Sink. 3 of us attacked it. I think we ate 2/3 and gave up. I really regretted my last bowl after that. It was lots of fun and definitely something we will always remember. But a lot of ice cream.

The least we had was two of us. And even with two, I brought a clear plastic baggie for cake, brownies, cookies, stuff like that. So DH and I "only" had the ice cream and whipped cream to eat there. As I remember, we did pretty much finish the ice cream, and had snacks for the rest of the week.

That is a phenomenal idea! Regardless of whether I attempt this or not this time, I'm keeping that in mind for future planning.

So I went tonight, sat at the counter and asked about attempting this. It immediately turned into a classic Angel/Devil situation: my server was trying to tell me all the reasons not to do it, while one of the girls behind the counter was chanting "Do it! Do it!"

After some reasonable discussion, we came to an inescapable conclusion: at the pace I'd need to eat in order to not get sick, there'd be no way to prevent the sundae from melting into an ice cream soup long before I finished. So I settled for the Mickey Pants Sink, which they were more than happy to make in a Chocolate Lover's version for me, and finished that off while it was still (mostly) solid. Plus I got what will likely become a fun new food dish for my cats out of it.

my server was trying to tell me all the reasons not to do it, while one of the girls behind the counter was chanting "Do it! Do it!"
Wonder if the girl behind the counter was looking forward to making it while your server was worried about having to clean up after you tried eating the whole thing. LOL

I've got some friends who would probably attempt something like that. I don't think it'd go well for them too, and I am not going to let them try if we are sharing a room!

So I went tonight, sat at the counter and asked about attempting this. It immediately turned into a classic Angel/Devil situation: my server was trying to tell me all the reasons not to do it, while one of the girls behind the counter was chanting "Do it! Do it!"

After some reasonable discussion, we came to an inescapable conclusion: at the pace I'd need to eat in order to not get sick, there'd be no way to prevent the sundae from melting into an ice cream soup long before I finished. So I settled for the Mickey Pants Sink, which they were more than happy to make in a Chocolate Lover's version for me, and finished that off while it was still (mostly) solid. Plus I got what will likely become a fun new food dish for my cats out of it.

since you finished the smaller version, do you have any regrets for not going for it all?

since you finished the smaller version, do you have any regrets for not going for it all?

Not at all. By the time I finished the smaller version, I was at the exact right level of fullness -- not so stuffed that I couldn't function, but not wanting for more food either. Also, the last few bites of ice cream were on the verge of melted. Sure, I could've gone for the full version and taken another hour to finish it, but it definitely would've been more liquid than solid by that point.

I am late to the party as you have already done it but I would have said not to try unless you have paramedics standing by. :crazy2:

If you are going to attempt to finish the Kitchen Sink by yourself good luck and I wish you best in success. My only regret would be that I would not be there to watch you try.

Has anyone ever done it by themselves? I have seen the size of that thing and that would require ER room ... Sugar overload! I wonder how many calories! Enough for a week.

LOL .... does anyone have a picture of the Mickey Pants Sink??? Knowing that there is a chocolate version has my I scream for ice cream wheels spinning!

What exactly is in the thing?
I have absolutely no problem downing 1/2 gallon of ice cream in about 20 minutes (coated with chocolate syrup).
I don't do it much as an adult, but in younger years it was a staple of my diet.

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter