solo tipping

D

dahirsh

How do other solos handle tipping housekeeping on your trips?
I know the "standard" is $1 per person per day. Something about putting a one dollar bill in an envelope daily just seems cheap to me. My last two trips I left a $2 bill each morning. Just wondering what others do in the same circumstances.

Deb

Save your tip paying until the end of your visit and leave the total amount in the envelope at that time, instead of individual amounts.

For an overnight visit that is all you can do.

I typically tip $1 per day for Mousekeeping. With it being just myself in the room and I'm kinda a neat person, so there is little to do in the room.

I typically pre-fill my Disney "Mousekeeping" envelopes ahead of time and put each day's in the daily pockets of my passporter. I then store them in the in-room safe, with my other valuables. I also pre-fill daily spenging money envelopes and put those with the tipping envelopes. Each morning, before I head to the parks, I pull out the tip envelope and the spending envelope for that day. This way I don't forget. I also like doing daily vs. end of trip is I may not have the same Mousekeeper at the end of the week, as I did during the week (day off, sick day, etc.). By doing it daily, this insures that the person who cleaned the room that day, receives their tip that day.

Hope this helps!!

I leave $2 each day when I am solo. When I am there with my husband or a friend, we still leave $2.

I think mousekeeping prefers my solo trips ;)

One must always remember that you may not have the same housekeeper each day. So if you wait until the final day to give a lump sum....well that person is gonna be very happy.

In my case, I normally will have a envelope for each day and will place 2 dollars in each. This can be done prior to the trip so you really don't feel it at all.

I have always found by leaving a envelope out each morning that the housekeeper would do something extra each time they enter my room.

Hope this helps......

When I am solo, I tip every morning. I just use the resort envelopes that are often in the dresser drawers.

I put $2.00 in one, just before I leave for the park for that day.

I write "Mousekeeping" on it, and stick it on the bathroom mirror so that it is really noticed.

I do this every morning, but I tend to forget about it on my check-out day.

I tip either $1 or $2 a day. I'm very neat on my solo trips so the Mousekeeper has an easy job. I just leave the money on the counter with a note stating "For Mousekeeping". I leave it daily to make sure the person who did the cleaning that day received the tip.

I leave $2 if it's just me or the both of us. Again daily as I know we don't always have the same housekeeper each day. When we last stayed at the Yacht Club we got a Thank you note from our housekeeper and that was so sweet it made it all worthwhile.

What should I do about this? I am staying in a club level room at the Swan on my solo trip Dec 26 to Jan 3 and have turndown service with the club level room. This means that they will clean my room once and then come back and fix it up again at night I am guessing.

I will probably tip housekeeping $2 in the morning, but what should I do about the people doing the turndown service?

I have never done this before, so any help would be great.

Thanks

we still tipped $2 in the morning even if we get turndown - at least we did at the Grand California Hotel in Disneyland (I so wanna go back there)

Since I am going to be there the week before Christmas, I went online and printed out my mousekeeper envelopes with a Christmas theme - they're already packed in my suitcaise with $2.00 in each one (that way I won't even miss that $12 while Im there) and I will leave one each morning --whoops, I just remembered - my daughter and grandson are going with me, so I better remember to add another $l!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter