Solo parent with 2 kids

DLorBust

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm looking for some input on bringing kids with different thrill thresholds. Dad can't make this trip so it will just be me with my kids, ages 6 and 9. The thing is, the 6 yo loves the thrill rides (Space, Splash, BTMRR etc,) while the 9 yo is really only comfortable with the dark rides and maybe Dumbo. Would the 9 yo be able to go through the line with us, but skip the ride and wait for us? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Your 9 year old will be able to enter the line and skip the ride if they want at the end. If you trust your 9 year old to stay in the shop or exit area go for it. The official rule is that once inside those 7 and older can be in the ride queues and in the park on their own they just can't leave or come in alone.

I would think the 9 year old would be able to do that. I would let my 9 year old go on a different ride in the same area or see a show or whatever by himself also. But my 9 year old is super mature. He might find his thrill threshold is a bit higher after missing half the trip ;)

had this situation with my 2 kids.. my older one just waited at the end of the ride .

came through the line with us on radiator racers then chickened out.. they let him wait there for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter