Solo for whole trip VS solo for some nites

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone here taken both of these kinds of solo trips 1. The entire trip is solo, and 2. DH or others are with you for part of the trip, but some nights solo (say you and DH go, but he leaves after 4 days and you stay on solo for another 4)? If so, did you find that you didn't enjoy being solo as much if part of the trip you'd had friends or family with you? Maybe this fear sounds wierd, but that's what I'm afraid of. I've always done the first kind of trip-totally solo, but next year, DH and I are thinking of going for a week, then I'd stay on for "solo time" the second week. Although I've always loved my "totally solo" trips, I'm afraid that I may not enjoy this second option since DH was just there with me and I'll think about him still being there. What do you think? Although I do usually LOVE solo trips!

that was what my last trip was surpose to be - the week before we left - mother decided to stay the whole time.

I hate to be mean - but I really wished I had taken her home earlier as planned.

Solo trips are great - good for it!!!

You might consider staying in a 1-bedroom when your husband is there - then changing over to a studio for your solo stay.

Okay, I had the pleasure of doing this the last time I went. I was there for 5 days before my friends joined me for the remaining 7. Their company was awful. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to do everything I wanted when I wanted. They wanted to do the strangest things, and I felt obligated to do them because I was there for some time before them and got to experience some things already. After about 4 days, we ended up splitting up anyways because I didn't want to do what they wanted to do, and I had had enough.
So, would I go solo....Absolutely, anytime of the week and twice on Sunday before going with others again.
Jo

This is a great question! And for me to answer it, it's YES!! When I am solo after friends/family leave, I am misrable and lonely! :sad: :sad: I really have a hard time with the "soloness" afterwards!

I done many trips as part solo/part with family. Last year, I went on a seven day trip, where the first two days I was with a family I used to babysit who I don't see much. We had a really nice time together. After they flew home, I spent the rest of the trip missing their company, just wishing my cell phone would ring and I would hear them say again "Let's meet at Alfredo's!" (or someplace cool!) But of course my phone never rang. Sigh. :(

Last month, once again I was meeting another family I babysit for five days at Disney. This time I arrived four days prior and did my solo time then. When they got there, we hit every park, ate at a neat restaurant every night, had overall had a wonderful time! And I was happy and never lonely! :)

So I learned - I do my solo part first, then meet with my family/friends, then leave the same day they do! If I plan my trips that way, I enjoy my solo time AND have something to look forwards to when my friends/family get there. :) :)

Simba's Mom - any chance you can reverse your schedule? Arrive solo first and then have him join you? :)

Hello ~

I love doing Disney solo!!! I usually have a friend meet me at Disney for our annual trip (she and I have been doing it for awhile, we met as pen pals, getting off track, sorry) but I honestly can't wait until she goes home! I hate having to ask someone, are you hungry, are you up, are you ready, do you want to ride Space Mountain, get it?? I know that sounds mean, but I find I get more done by myself then with others.....being with someone part of the time is nice, don't get me wrong, but I love being alone, having my own room at a Disney resort and staying at PI until closing.....that rocks!!!

HugsForEeyore said:
So I learned - I do my solo part first, then meet with my family/friends, then leave the same day they do! If I plan my trips that way, I enjoy my solo time AND have something to look forwards to when my friends/family get there. :) :)

This is exactly what I am doing. For the first 6 days I'll be solo and the next 2 days my family will be there. We will all leave WDW together.

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter