**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Hi All- After 5 years w/o a visit to Disney; finally booked a trip July. 10-16 I am going solo; have done that a few times in the past. DVC member, staying at Saratoga Springs. Looking forward to seeing all the changes that have happened since my last visit. Any other fellow solo Disney visitors going during that time? Any updated solo tips? Looking forward to my visit!
Hi.. I will be there (Jul 14 to 17), solo trip, doing HS moonlight magic, looking fwd to run the new Guardians ride! Open to meet ups as well
Enjoy!

Hi Everyone! After a few year hiatus, I am taking a trip Disney World, which will also be my first fully solo trip. I get in late on July 1 and leave July 9. I have reservations for each of the different parks over my stay. It would be fun to meet new people while in the parks or exploring Disney springs and the area. If anyone has tips for a solo Disney traveler, I would appreciate it!

Hi Everyone! After a few year hiatus, I am taking a trip Disney World, which will also be my first fully solo trip. I get in late on July 1 and leave July 9. I have reservations for each of the different parks over my stay. It would be fun to meet new people while in the parks or exploring Disney springs and the area. If anyone has tips for a solo Disney traveler, I would appreciate it!
I just did my first solo trip 2 wks ago. Something I had to keep reminding myself was "it's just you". You don't have to appease your group when making decisions. So, if a ride is 85 minutes, waiting by yourself is a lot easier than with a party of 4. Another item I found useful was when you get close to the front of the line make sure to let the cast members know you are a single rider. For several rides when I told them that I moved past a lot people to fill in when a ride wasn't full.
Also, with some restaurants I found they were able to fulfill my requests as a party of 1. Meaning if I wanted to sit by a window or in a certain location it was easier to do b/c it was just me.
If you start feeling lonely, depending on where you are staying, I spoke with the concierge to let them know I was solo and some other guests had done the same. We were able to meet up for drinks, park days, or ride shares.

Hi.. I will be there (Jul 14 to 17), solo trip, doing HS moonlight magic, looking fwd to run the new Guardians ride! Open to meet ups as well
Enjoy!
Fun! I'm doing a semi-solo trip July 13th-17th. A friend is attending a convention at CSR, but is NOT a Disney person. So I get my fix, and then we're hitting up Universal (we bonded over HP) after her convention is over. Tried to snag a Moonlight Magic ticket, but we hadn't finalized the hotel details early enough to make first round, and they went FAST for the second round.

Hi all. I’m heading for a solo trip Sept 5-8th. Been a regular at WDW with my fam but first solo trip. Little nervous. I’ll be doing a park/resort challenge while there. see here for details.

Rabbit’s No Time to Say Hello Challenge!

I think it will be a fairly quiet 4 days crowd wise. Let me know if any other solo’s will be there too and we can meet up!

I’ll be there Sept 5-8th. I’ll be there early on the 5th so if you are around let me know if you’d like to meet up! If so let me know if I can pm!

Well never mind. Had to change my trip once again. I’ll be solo 8/27-8/30. Let me know if anyone will be around and wants to join

I just did my first solo trip 2 wks ago. Something I had to keep reminding myself was "it's just you". You don't have to appease your group when making decisions. So, if a ride is 85 minutes, waiting by yourself is a lot easier than with a party of 4. Another item I found useful was when you get close to the front of the line make sure to let the cast members know you are a single rider. For several rides when I told them that I moved past a lot people to fill in when a ride wasn't full.
Also, with some restaurants I found they were able to fulfill my requests as a party of 1. Meaning if I wanted to sit by a window or in a certain location it was easier to do b/c it was just me.
If you start feeling lonely, depending on where you are staying, I spoke with the concierge to let them know I was solo and some other guests had done the same. We were able to meet up for drinks, park days, or ride shares.
I've never tried a vacation this way alone, but your advice seems reasonable, so I started thinking about a solo trip. Apparently, I wanted to take a break from everyone :)

SOLOS, please utilize this thread for solo related topics and arranging solo DISer meets only! Thanks! ;)
I'm from michigan and i go several times a year. just came back last week and boy july is hot. 87 degrees at night. I must admit it is kinda different being there alone. I have made maybe a dozen trip solo and some are better than others. It is nice to know someone down there and i am lucky in that respect. Really nice to have a lunch dinner companion . So this might work! I am going again later this month haven't firmed up which week yet. I'll post in case someone is going to be there. Lunch at Kona cafe is a favorite stop for me.

I’ll be there Aug 20-26. Staying at Port Orleans and last night at Saratoga. Business conference trip but a frequent visitor, ap holder, dvc member - my first solo trip and looking forward to it

Last edited:
Solo trip: Aug 18-Sept 5

Who else will be there?
I’ll be there 8/27-30th.
Dolphin 27th, Saratoga 28,29th.
27th: HS in AM and hop anywhere in PM
28th: I’m doing the Rabbit’s Challenge (all day and night running/park challenge)
29th: MK in AM and then might do resort day and Springs in evening
30th: Epcot in am, no plans in pm before traveling home later.
Any of these plans can change if anyone wants to meet up. Feel free to PM me if you’d like to arrange something.

I'll be there 8/25-9/3! I have a reservation for Storybook Dining on Thursday 9/1 if anyone is interested in joining. I'm really excited for that one and I'm sure since I'm a single person adding another person to my 2 top wouldn't be too difficult.

All of you solo travelers are inspiring me! I may or may not be solo (don't ask, it's a long story! Three different friends were all joining me at one time or another. Each one has now had an emergency in the family that has made them cancel. My son wants to join me now, however, I am reluctant to let him for fear something horrible will happen to him or me!) I am actually looking forward to going alone for the Disney portion of my trip. I am heading down 5 days early for a work convention. The first part--getting my Disney fix--the later part moving to convention hotel where I will be around far too many people for my liking. Although I am a little nervous about hanging out at the parks all day by myself, there's another part that is stoked about learning to enjoy things on my own. And not having to "mom" two grown kids and a husband. And just take care of myself for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter