Solo at Paddlefish- Seating?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by jsmla, Sep 10, 2018.

1. jsmla

jsmla DIS Veteran

Anyone with solo experience at Paddlefish? I've experienced more than a few less than ideal tables as a solo (looking at you Mama Melrose) and would really like a table with a nice view. I'm not one to talk to strangers at dinner and do not want to sit at the bar. Outside would be fine if that's a possibility. I have an ADR for 9/18.

Thanks!

2. sanapp

sanapp DIS Veteran

I have never eaten at Paddlefish, but I am sad to hear that as a solo traveler you would get bad seats. It seems like as a solo traveler they should pay a little more attention to give you a good seat. I have my first solo trip planned for February, so I don't have any experience with it.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jsmla

jsmla DIS Veteran

They were mostly positive-I had great tables at Tutto Italia and California Grill's Brunch at the Top. At Mama Melrose I was seated at a wobbly two top located on the main (and way too narrow) walkway and too close to the servers' station. There was a constant stream of traffic at my elbow.

I liked the SEA Room at Jungle Skipper but was seated at a banquette-type table with two larger (one of them pretty unruly!) parties very close to me on either side. I really do like kids 95% of the time but don't want to have to babysit a stranger's rowdy two year old during my pricey solo lunch.

I would really like a nice view at Paddlefish. I struggle with feeling awkward and it gives me something to distract myself with.

5. sanapp

sanapp DIS Veteran

I think I will also struggle feeling awkward. I am thinks no of bringing a journal so I can take notes on my trip and post here later. I am also going to bring a book to read. I really hope to get good tables so that I can people watch too.
    How did you feel doing Cali Brunch solo? I am a bit concerned about that ADR solo.

6. AngP

AngP Earning My Ears

I have gone to Paddlefish solo for lunch, when it wasn’t crazy busy. They seated me outside at a nice table by the water with a huge umbrella. They did ask if I wanted the bar, indoor table, or outside.

7. jsmla

jsmla DIS Veteran

I was the most worried by that one but it was great. The wait staff there is top notch and I felt very comfortable. I never saw the bottom of my mimosa and the view is fabulous! It was, by far, my favorite dining experience last May.