Solar Eclipse

hcalla

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

We'll be at MK on Aug. 21, the day of the Solar Eclipse. Would anyone know if WDW will "do" or "provide" anything for it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's an interesting question! I happen to live in the path where we get the full eclipse so we've been looking at and talking about different activities to do because it's such a huge deal but never considered what Disney or other theme parks might do who will be in the partial. I'm curious now.

Solar eclipse is our big trip this year. We're driving out west to Wyoming to see it :-) Seems like the kind of thing that could be a good science activity for the resorts or even at Epcot.

We are in Florida and are planning on driving either to sc or further along past Tenn to see a full eclipse in August. I think here it is in the 70 to 80 % range. So it won't be full just so you are not disappointed.

I honestly doubt it. If they did do anything, it would probably be a resort activity that you pay for.

Has anyone heard anything about this yet?

Would be nice if they handed out viewing glasses. It's not too expensive to buy some before hand tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter