Sog?????

edk35

DIS Veteran
Hi we are staying at SOG starting Jan. 27th and departing on Feb. 2nd. We will have 5 days in the park. We last stayed at SOG back in 1996 so it was not renovated then. Can anyone suggest an area or wing we should request?! Any tips or advice. I would love to hear from people who have stayed there. This is our 7th WDW trip. We went in Nov. of 2002 and stayed at The Contemporary. Thanks so much.

Denise

We will also be staying at SOG in May 05. What info. I can give you is that I currently work w/2 people who have stayed at SOG in the past year at seperate times and totally enjoyed it! They found the hotel to be a geat deal($$) for the location. The bus service was ok and the Mediterinean resteraunt (I don't know the name) was also very good. I hope this helps. Drop a line here after your trip and tell me what you think of SOG. Good Luck. :earseek:

I will check back in here after our trip and let you all know what I think of ti since it was renovated.

Denise

We've stayed at SOG twice since it has been renovated and we really love it there!

I've stayed in both the old and new sections and I would say that there are benefits to both. If you want to be near the pools, request the old section. If you have a rental car and use it often (as we did), then request the new section as it is near the parking garage.

All in all, our preference was for the old section but each person has their own favorites. The resort is big and beautiful. The rooms are a great size and each room has a fridge. The beds were comfortable. The pillows squish flat easily so we asked for more pillows. They brought us extra and we had no problem!

The buses were fine...never had a problem with them (very timely!) but we did drive our car to MGM and AK so I can't comment on those buses.

The gift shop is fine. There is a little quickie food place right near the buses. Overall, we have no complaints about SOG. Definitely worth the money and we truly loved it there. We are going to stay there again next December!!! :earboy2:

Have a great time there!

Thanks. Hey do you think it is worth renting a car. WE were going to use a car service...but you mentioned you drove to two of the parks. Just curious.

Denise

Welcome To The DIS! New here myself... :rolleyes: I have never stayed there, so all I can suggest is a newly rennovated room... Welcome! :wizard:
:charac2: -Kyle

edk35 said:
Thanks. Hey do you think it is worth renting a car. WE were going to use a car service...but you mentioned you drove to two of the parks. Just curious.

Denise

Renting a car depends on your situation. We rented one b/c we were going off property to go to Mass and it was just easier to have a car. Also, we used it to hit the grocery store and the outlets. If you don't plan on going off property at all then a car might not be worthwile. We've been to Disney before without a car and had no problem! Have a great trip!

:flower1:

I was there in August 2004 and I loved the resort. I can compare to the contemporary because I was ther ein 1998 and Its one of my less favorite resorts. The SOG was very clean (We was in the new section) The bus to TTC was every 15 minutes or yo can walk with not much more time than that. The restaurant downstairs was a buffet with Prime Rib (Hubbys favorite) Unfortunatly I can barely look at raw meat like that but I found a lot to eat there too.

The room was HUGE!! The sink was a double sink and outside the toilet area which was nice when someone was in the regular bathroom. We was able to get extra pillows and towles with only one request. Our maid did a good job but was very late in the day so we had to forgo a cleaning then they didnt clean on the hurricane day (They did bring extra towles for us though)

The laundry room was nice size with lots of washers and dryers and they were larger capacity than the ones we used at Beach Club (I never tried anything at Contemporary)

There are two pools and a kiddie pool. But they are near the older secton. They even had a nice play park for my preschooler grandaughter we had with us in August.

My biggest complaint about COntemporary back in 1998 was we had mold in the bathroom (A asthma trigger for me) and we had ants and when we turned it in they insisted we caused the ants with food in the room. Funny thing is all of the snacks we had was contained in zip lock bags and nothing on the floor or left out.

I have been to the beach club twice and never had ants and we always carry things with us. My favorite is Beach CLub only because location is better for us. (Our favorite park is Epcot and MGM)

We found the people at SHAdes to be very friendly as we passed anyone we was always acknowledged and said hi to.

We had a rental car and so we drove to Animal Kingdom, Downtown and MGM but bused to TTC for Epcot and MK. I cant comment on Bus B since we never rode it but Bus A to TTC was on time every 15 minutes even at 1am after E night in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter