• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SOG restaurants ???

Momof6

Mouseketeer
What is Mangino's in SOG like? Anyone have a good/bad experience there that they can share? :confused3

Also...What does the 'Express Cafe' at SOG offer? Just noticed it on the map and don't remember hearing anything about it.

Lastly, I remember reading a long time ago that Garden Gallery at SOG was a nightly buffet meal. Is it still? What meals do they offer - breakfast? lunch?

Thanks a bunch for any info!
:grouphug:
Denise

Let me see if I can remember. We ate at the buffet place for both breakfast and dinner. I don't know about lunch. Breakfast was $8 a person and a good price for decent all you can eat food. I thought dinner was overpriced, but I can't remember how much it was. The staff was excellent for the most part.

I love the express cafe, it's a little counter on the way out to the bus stop. I'd stop there and get a pastry for about $1.50 and eat it on the way to the park. They also have hot breakfast sandwiches, too. And frozen candy bars.

I also tried the sports bar place and the other sandwich place. I was pregnant at the time, so I was eating everywhere, lol. I can't remember their names. One had some bizzare tennis thing on the ceiling, and the other was just a bar. They were OK, and a little expensive for mediocre sandwiches.

We never tried Mangino's, for the cost, we'd rather eat in the park.

I have found that for the most part we like to eat at different places our entire stay. ::yes:: I don't know if Mangino's is worth giving up a dinner elsewhere. :scratchin Breakfast can be an issue for us. Mostly we eat in the room (muffins, fruit, etc.) BUT DH loves breakfast food (the rest of us could do without!) So, we are probably going to have to go to at least a few breakfasts out. Thanks for the help. The Express Cafe with breakfast sandwiches sounds like it would also be a good alternative for some mornings. :sunny:
:grouphug:
Denise

Mangino's is wonderful. We ate there twice on our trip in November and the food was great. Definitely worth a visit. We are going again in May, and Mangino's is on my list.

The buffets are good. Some days better than others. We found that the Sunday night buffet was probably the best. They always have the same foods on one part of the buffet every night - meatballs, pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, veggies, etc. and then they add speciality items to fit the theme of the night.

Evergreen's is also good. Great prices and good food.

Have a wonderful time...

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter