Sofabeds on the Wonder - how (un)comfortable are they?

Cagirl767

Disney Wonder to Alaska 2012
I'm wondering if the sofabeds on the Wonder will accommodate an adult comfortably? - size wise and comfort wise? What about two 7 year olds together?

Do any of those cabins with the sofabeds have uppers?

First, the sofa bed is different from anything I'd seen in the US. It is NOT a pull out sofa bed. The entire seat "flips" and contains a twin size mattress. So it is a normal twin sized bed. Yes, any cabin that sleeps 4 will also have a pull down bunk. The bunk will hold a person of less than 220 pounds and is the same size as the sofa bed.

The easiest way to put two kids on the sofa bed is to have them sleep with heads at either end and feet in the middle. With 7 year olds, it will depend on their size.

My 13 year old convinced me trade beds with him on our Wonder cruise a couple of months ago. I found it just as comfortable as the queen bed that I was sleeping in. He found it so comfortable that he hardly moved at all during the night.

As kcashner stated any room that sleeps four will have the pull down berth, but remember that some rooms only sleep three and will not have the pull down.

Oh dear. Only a twin bed and one upper. Oh dear, this is a problem.

The kids are actually 5 and 7, but the 5 year old is the size of a 7 year old. They can barely sleep in the same room together, much less the same bed. I think one will have to go to grandma's stateroom to sleep. This will be a nightly battle of who "wins" the upper berth. To settle it, I think I'll make DH sleep up there. :laughing:

My 17 year old slept on ours and never complained at all about it being uncomfortable.

Here is an idea of the size of the couch on the wonder. This was my then 9 year old (who is very skinny and tall) sleeping in it. You can't see the end of the couch but you can get an idea of width. Hope this helps a bit!

IMG_0302.jpg

Thanks for the picture!
(Good thing we have two rooms! well....if grandma shares)

Oh dear. Only a twin bed and one upper. Oh dear, this is a problem.

The kids are actually 5 and 7, but the 5 year old is the size of a 7 year old. They can barely sleep in the same room together, much less the same bed. I think one will have to go to grandma's stateroom to sleep. This will be a nightly battle of who "wins" the upper berth. To settle it, I think I'll make DH sleep up there. :laughing:

I guess I don't understand. If you have booked a cabin for 4 people, there will be beds for 4. If you have booked for fewer than 4, there will be at least the number of beds that you have people booked, sometimes more.

On the Magic and Wonder, you have one large bed that can be separated into two twins. In addition, you have the flip couch. These are in every room with the exception of some HA cabins. And, in every 4 person room, you also have the pull down bunk--total of 4 beds in most cabins.

My son who is 11 yrs old and as tall as me @ 5'7" had no complaints when we were on the Wonder Jan 2011. Well he did but it was because he couldn't convince his Dad to "stop snoring!" :laughing: Welcome to my world, I told him! :rotfl2:
I think for what you are describing that if Grandma will accommodate you that having one in each room may save a lot of battles. My two older sons hated sleeping in the same bed as one is a total covers hog and completely denies it. :eek:
Good Luck,
Sue

Both kids usually fight over the sofabed in a hotel room. Ohhhh wait'll they find out it's a single! :scared1: Now I'm wondering if they'll fight over the upper bunk or neither will want it.

Grandma will at least have a second sofa bed. There's only 2 in her cabin, so she may not get an upper pulldown?

My kids used to complain about dh's snoring too (that's how we got started on always getting a suite in a hotel) but now he has a CPAP - one problem solved!

Both kids usually fight over the sofabed in a hotel room. Ohhhh wait'll they find out it's a single! :scared1: Now I'm wondering if they'll fight over the upper bunk or neither will want it.

If they both want the same bed, is there a possibility of having them switch off? That's what we did when both of mine wanted the upper bunk.

Yah, we tried having them switch off in our latest hotel stay. The 5 y.o. is just turning 5, so she still seems to not quite understand it all. Toward the end of the cruise, I'm thinking she'll be worn slap out and will get crankier by the day. I don't know that she's quite mature enough for this long of a vacation, but grandma just finished treatment for breast cancer and wanted her grandkids to go on a Disney cruise with her. So we're going...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter