Sofa beds!

kreckl

DIS Veteran
We are DVC members and usually stay in studios- which means one bed. Our last two visits to AKL-J, our favorite and home resort, have left us miserable in very uncomfortable sofa beds which were literally on a slope and you could feel the metal through the mattress. No sleep and sore in the morning. BWV were slightly better.
We are booking our next trip and are seriously considering paying for half of our stay so we could have 2 beds ( only 3 people- so could never justify a 2 bedroom with points).
What do people do? Are any resorts better than others in this respect? Thanks in advance!

My friend is a dvc member and she said thar old key west is the only resort where the studios have 2 beds. I would check out old key west if I were you. I agree......sofa beds are awful! I have never found a good sofa bed in any hotel!

You can request egg crate type mattress pads for the beds if you find them uncomfortable. We have not had a problem at any DVC resort, but haven't stayed at Jambo.

Have you done that recently? When we asked, we were told they no longer have mattress toppers of any type. I recently called AK directly, and was connected to housekeeping. They admitted that the beds are uncomfortable but didn't offer any help :(
I find it hard to believe that all of the villas are bad.

We got some at SSR in 2011, last year we didn't need any at OKW, so I don't know.

Old Key West has 2 queen beds :) it's really nice when no one has to sleep on the sofa bed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter