Soda in the Dining Room

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
Is it free? I know cans at the bar and room service are not, but in the dining room?

Also, it is Coke products, so what 'diet' soda is available?

Thanks!

Yes, soda is free in the dining room. You can get Diet Coke or Diet Sprite.

Careful!! If the soda arrives at your table in a can, then you are charged. If it is in a cup, you are not. My DD and DS ordered root beer. The assistant server never told us there was a charge (plus gratuity). On the third night DH and I had wine and noticed that the root beer was also on the bill. We were running late at dinner so I inquired at Guest Services the next day. They said if the beverage was available in the fountain it was free. If it wasn't, then you were given the choice to pay for it in the can. Because we were not made aware and not asked to sign until we ordered something from the bar on night 3, she removed it from the bill (over $12 for 3 nights). I was prepared to pay for it because my children drank it, but they insisted it and removed it. I must admit I found it odd that the assistant server brought cans to our table. Later in the week I overheard a woman complaining to the head waiter because she was charged for sparkling water.

ps - where do you live in Canada?

Is it free? I know cans at the bar and room service are not, but in the dining room?

Also, it is Coke products, so what 'diet' soda is available?

Thanks!

On our recent 4 day on the Dream my DGS & DGD had sprite every night. Like others have said they weren't in a can so no charge. My DW had diet coke a couple of nights and no charge for that. After the first night the kids had their sprite waiting for them when they showed up for dinner.

On their first cruise (a while ago) DD and DS learned they could get Shirley Temples for free during dinner. Check before you order to make sure it hasn't changed.

Thank, Everyone! Just the information that I needed to know.
Yes, soda is free in the dining room. You can get Diet Coke or Diet Sprite.
DH drinks Diet Sprite by the 2L bottle, so this is good news. You can't always get that in restaurants.

Careful!! If the soda arrives at your table in a can, then you are charged. If it is in a cup, you are not. My DD and DS ordered root beer. The assistant server never told us there was a charge (plus gratuity). On the third night DH and I had wine and noticed that the root beer was also on the bill. We were running late at dinner so I inquired at Guest Services the next day. They said if the beverage was available in the fountain it was free. If it wasn't, then you were given the choice to pay for it in the can. Because we were not made aware and not asked to sign until we ordered something from the bar on night 3, she removed it from the bill (over $12 for 3 nights). I was prepared to pay for it because my children drank it, but they insisted it and removed it. I must admit I found it odd that the assistant server brought cans to our table. Later in the week I overheard a woman complaining to the head waiter because she was charged for sparkling water.

ps - where do you live in Canada?
OK...cans send it back! We live in the London, Ontario area. Enjoying summer weather today! :)

I have to admit, it irks me a bit on Disney that they charge for seltzer, club soda - whatever you want to call it. Every soda fountain comes with a small switch that bypasses the syrup and dispenses carbonated water. I could never understand why they won't do that on Disney - and they insist on selling the expensive bottled or canned sparkling water.

I have to admit, it irks me a bit on Disney that they charge for seltzer, club soda - whatever you want to call it. Every soda fountain comes with a small switch that bypasses the syrup and dispenses carbonated water. I could never understand why they won't do that on Disney - and they insist on selling the expensive bottled or canned sparkling water.

Bring your own? :) They do allow you to do that, unlike other lines.

DS has been provided with this in a cup for free in the MDR on each of our 3 last cruises. It is his favourite drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter