Soarin over Cali vs World Preference?

Soarin Preference?

• California

Votes: 76 96.2%
  • World

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't have a preference either way but DD was on the edge of her seat with a smile on her face during World. Are a lot of the ppl who voted Cali version from Cali?

I am from California and prefer the California version. I also wondered whether this might factor into someone’s preference. I really liked the nature aspect of the California version, though. It might be cool if they make a new version that highlights US National Parks. And it would fit the theme of the area better!!!

I am not FROM California (although I live here now) but I still prefer the CA version. The first time I went on the ride was in WDW though.

I like the World version, but I LOVE the California one. I miss it. I'm not really bothered as much by the CGI as I am the distortion, though I seriously hate the things that fly into your face. I think the waterfall is very cool.

I hate the world version. The smells are terribly done (aside from the dirt/grass one), the distortion ruins the immersive experience for me (the fact I'm on a ride is now all but slapping me in the face), and I don't like the focus on more man-made over the heavy nature aspect of Cali. The only scenes I do like are the nature ones in world and even then I'm not that thrilled with them as they're so heavy CGI and still suffer from far more distortion than Cali did (even the elephants walk at an odd angle).

Yeah. I'm Californian. Born, raised, never lived anywhere else. While I could see that giving some a bias for sure, I wouldn't mind the world version if it was done better. Better smells, better attention to minimizing distortion, etc. I do have an emotional tie to the Cali version, but looking at it from a ride experience point of view? Hands down the Cali version. World reminds me of the Star Wars Special Edition and Episode 1 where excessive/obvious use of CGI took something away from the heart of it.

As is, it went from a ride I'd wait over an hour for and ride at least several times a trip to a ride I get on maybe once every other trip. I refuse to even wait if it's more than ten minutes.

I don't mind change. I welcome it if it's done well. I don't feel this one was.

California all the way! Miss the orange smells, the pine smells, the smooth transitions, the nature scenes, the sound track. Just put together so much better than the world version IMO. Wish they'd bring back the California version!!!!

California all the way! Miss the orange smells, the pine smells, the smooth transitions, the nature scenes, the sound track. Just put together so much better than the world version IMO. Wish they'd bring back the California version!!!!

Same here! Also the new one makes me a little nauseous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!