Soarin' is - or perhaps was? - the most awesomeous ride EVER

Domo

Wotcha
I cannot hide it, I am a Soarin' FANBOY! Especially for the previous iteration! I even have the ride recorded to my computer for when I am Soarin' peckish. It's just the ingenuity of the thing, the feeling of freedom and exhilaration. We have plenty of parks here in the UK but they're all about drastic thrills, rides that would make Rock 'n' Roller Coaster look like the Teacups. Soarin' is, well, clever. It's class.

Agree?

I cannot hide it, I am a Soarin' FANBOY! Especially for the previous iteration! I even have the ride recorded to my computer for when I am Soarin' peckish. It's just the ingenuity of the thing, the feeling of freedom and exhilaration. We have plenty of parks here in the UK but they're all about drastic thrills, rides that would make Rock 'n' Roller Coaster look like the Teacups. Soarin' is, well, clever. It's class.

Agree?
I did until I rode Flight of passage. Now I think it’s the greatest ride ever!

I really like Soarin. Love the music and the exhilaration of flying. I feel free.

I don’t like Flight of Passage. Leg restraints. Back restraints. I felt squeezed. Trapped. :scared1:
My family loves it though.

I used to love Soarin but the new version is awful. The distortion is ridiculous and whoever thought it was ok to keep it like that should be fired. It’s a complete waste of time now.
Request to sit in the middle next time. Distortion is not noticeable.

I didn't really care for the old one, didn't see what was so special about it. The old soarin' (in my opinion) was what it would feel like to be suspended over an old imax movie where the film had degraded and was all pitted, but on the imax screen those old pits and discolorations and fuzziness were magnified and nobody cared. The quality of the new film is so much better that I was immediately immersed in the experience--won't post spoilers since you've said you haven't ridden the new Soarin' but there were parts where my heart raced and my 7-year-old was clutching my arm and hiding her eyes.

My 5 year old would agree with you - he loves it more than FoP, 7DMT, TT, etc.

My wife and I would NOT agree with you, although we did ride it 5 times on our last trip on behalf of said little boy. Always in the middle, always front row (my son doesnt want to see "feet").

Sorry Domo, my most awesome ride ever was Tower of Terror. I lost count how many times I rode it! I loved the whole build up to the ride!! It was very well put together. :thumbsup2

One night my wife and I rode tower of terror 13 times. It was a rainy night. Rain can be your friend at wdw.

Soarin’ is fun but it’s not anywhere near being my favorite attraction. Haven’t been on the new version yet. But I’m a sucker for immersive themeing/detailed queue lines and Soarin’ just doesn’t have that.

...when I want to copy that Soarin' feeling at home, I dust off my wings and go for a fly around town....

icarus-and-daedalus.png

Soarin’ is fun but it’s not anywhere near being my favorite attraction. Haven’t been on the new version yet. But I’m a sucker for immersive themeing/detailed queue lines and Soarin’ just doesn’t have that.

For an interesting line I guess I'd have to plump for Tower of Terror or perhaps, at a stretch, the Haunted Mansion.

The original Soarin' quickly became one of our favorite rides, and we would ride multiple times per visit.

The first time we rode the new Soarin' was the last time we'll ride the new Soarin'. Someone needs to be fired for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter