Soap Opera Weekend

goofyandmore

Mouseketeer
As some of you may know, the ABC soaps have a soap opera weekend in November each year and I am wondering if any of you know which hotel the actors usually stay at. I thought that maybe some of you may have bumped into them at your resort. Thanks, Carolyn

I can't say they do this every year, but last year many of them were at the Yacht Club.

C.

Were you at the YC at the time and did you speak to them at the resort or just admire from a far? The YC would make sense since they make appearances at the MGM. If you went in Nov., did you have to take kids out of school? This is also the big debate in our house-the kids have Thursday and Friday off and I am thinking about taking them out Wed. and Tues. as well. I have never been to the YC, but since hearing the negative reports about the GF, I may switch to the YC or BC. thanks, Carolyn:D

They have also stayed at Boardwalk.

I can't verify this but I heard a rumor that this year Soap weekend was going to be cancelled. Anyone else hear this?

At ABC.com they are advertising a sweepstakes you can enter to win a trip to disney for the soap opera weekend and they have a list of stars confirmed as attending. So, I am assuming it is on. thanks, Carolyn

We were staying at the Beach Club at the time. I was with a group of friends (all women). We were talking to people on the boat going to MGM who were staying at the Yacht Club and they mentioned it. Sounded like they looked at them from afar. They didn't mention anyone actually talking to them.

That Friday it started was actually our last day. We headed over to MGM to pick up a new pin that came out. We were taken aback when we got to MGM and saw the crowds of people waiting to go in. We were thinking run in and run out and that didn't happen. It took 30 minutes just to get to the front gate.

I have never seen MGM that crowded although I understand the wait times for the attractions are minimal. Most people aren't there for the rides, they just want to see the Soap Stars.

Carolyn, how old are your children and is this something they will enjoy? Is there any way for you to go with some friends and go back with your husband and kids another time?

Cyn

My kids are 13, 8 and 4. Actually the 13 and 8 yr. old like soap operas. But we would mainly do the other parks like Magic Kingdom. I would never be able to go to disney without them. Thanks for the info on where the actors stayed. Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter