SoA question(s)

Annick

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I booked the SoA dinner show for our last night at WDW. We wanted to visit the Poly and see the fireworks one last time from the beach there. My daughter (turning 5 during the trip) is into belly dance and hawaiian dancing, so I thought she would adore it. (Although the reviews here are very much lowering my expectations lol Is it really that horrible???)

I have a few questions.

1. The reservation mentions something about picking up tickets in advance... If we have a vacation package with MagicBands, will the "tickets" be on our MB or would we still have to show up in advance to pick them up?

2. Also, we're staying at POR, but planned on spending the day at POFQ. Could we take the bus from there to MK and then the monorail to Poly? How long would that be? (Sorry, I've never been to Disney, my head is spinning!!!)

Lastly, anyone knows if the fireworks at the end of July are always at 9pm? Is the schedule correct or could it change? We have reservations at CRT for 6:55pm and now I'm worried we'll miss our very first fireworks in MK :(

Thank you!!

Hi!
I booked the SoA dinner show for our last night at WDW. We wanted to visit the Poly and see the fireworks one last time from the beach there. My daughter (turning 5 during the trip) is into belly dance and hawaiian dancing, so I thought she would adore it. (Although the reviews here are very much lowering my expectations lol Is it really that horrible???)

I have a few questions.

1. The reservation mentions something about picking up tickets in advance... If we have a vacation package with MagicBands, will the "tickets" be on our MB or would we still have to show up in advance to pick them up?

They are not on your Magic Band. You need to pick them up. Last year we were able to pick up our HDDR tickets (same idea) at the Concierge Desk 24 hours in advance.

2. Also, we're staying at POR, but planned on spending the day at POFQ. Could we take the bus from there to MK and then the monorail to Poly? How long would that be? (Sorry, I've never been to Disney, my head is spinning!!!)

Yes you can. I would plan on 90 minutes transit times, as recommended by Disney. It may be quicker, but it can take that long too,

Lastly, anyone knows if the fireworks at the end of July are always at 9pm? Is the schedule correct or could it change? We have reservations at CRT for 6:55pm and now I'm worried we'll miss our very first fireworks in MK :(

No the fireworks at the end of July are NOT always at 9PM The schedule could change, but it is usually later, seldom earlier,

Thank you!!

See answers above

See answers above

Thank you so much! At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, is the Concierge Desk in every resort hotel or is it in the Poly?

Also, if I'm able to get a reservation at Ohana's instead, would my daughter (5) get the "hawaiian" feel, too, or would you stick to SoA?

Thank you so much! At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, is the Concierge Desk in every resort hotel or is it in the Poly?

Also, if I'm able to get a reservation at Ohana's instead, would my daughter (5) get the "hawaiian" feel, too, or would you stick to SoA?

Every hotel has a Concierge Desk, or its equivalent. They can print your tickets for you 24 hours in advance.
'OHana is not the same as SoA, feeling wise. 'Ohana does have some Hawaiian music. They also have games for the little ones like a coconut race etc. I think your 5 yo would enjoy 'OHana as well. SoA gets very mixed reviews. Meh, bordering on boring show and not so great food. The fire dancer gets good reviews, the rest - not so much,
Think of it this way, your 5 yo will never know what she didn't see.
Good Luck

Thank you!
I caved from all the bas SoA reviews and booked a 'Ohana dinner instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter