So, would you pay for an official Disney Dining Buddy?

I would pay, depending on the price and how badly I wanted certain ADRs. I did pay for another site for our Nov trip, $4, that was nothing to me and I got everything I wanted. But we are generally offsite people who pack lunch and may pick up QS here and there. This is one trip that we probably won't be repeating in a long time, staying onsite, eating everywhere we want to. If I did another similar trip, years down the road, i'd pay again if I couldn't get what I wanted. I did actually get everything I wanted at 180 days, the problem was a few days later when I wanted to move things around. By then many of the ADRs were gone. I am an ADR stalker, but has many PPs have noted, most of the availability ends up overnight when you are not at your computer.

Honestly if it comes to something like this, I will just be grateful that we drive and have our own car and will be spending most if not all of our meals off site at places that are far better as far as quality is concerned, far cheaper as far as Price is concerned and don't require reservations.

Nope. It just screams scam and lazy to me. Kind of like paying someone to text me the time. Plus sniping is fun.

No I wouldn't, and I think it's immoral for those offering it. Everyone should be able to pick up the reservations if they want them not those who pay

Never and if that meant I could no longer get into a table service restaurant I would vacation elsewhere. That would be extortion if Disney were start charging for this.

I guess if your trips span 8-10 days every time you go, there wouldn't be much of a need to use a service. At some point in that 8-10 day period, you'd likely get everything you want in terms of ADRs (assuming you are on at 6AM on Day 180 and your technology works without a hitch). We take 5 day trips because that's what we can afford. We never usually make more than 1 or 2 ADRs, preferring a bit less structure in our vacation. Those HTF ADRs are already gone usually by the time i log in at 6AM. So yes, if I'm only booking 1 or 2 and they're allready gone when my window opens, I would pay a reasonable fee for a texting notification service, but am strongly opposed to a booking service.

I would only consider doing it if it guaranteed getting an ADR for the date and approximate time, not just for some notification service.

Last edited:
Nope. Plenty of choices available. I think Disney should limit the number of ADRs people can make. Maybe have tiers like with FP. There are too many people making multiple ADRS so they can decide later which to keep.

Another vote for no. Lol! It kind of makes me laugh just thinking about it. Please let me pay you just for the chance to book a reservation at your restaurant. Ha! Ha! :laughing: Only at Disney!

As PPs have noted, no meal there is that critical to our having a good time and half of the fun is scoring the reservation. :thumbsup2

Yes, for a nominal fee. I do love planning and make ADRs at 180 days out but plans change and surprises come up and now I want to make some changes. I dont have all day to sit in front of the computer

I paid DDB so I could snag a pre party BOG reservation, my parents are coming on this trip and I know they won't be back for a while. The only thing my mother asked to do was eat at BOG, so I made sure it happened, and I'd do it all over again if I had to. A lot of people on here saying no I think are in the mind set of, well if I don't get it now, no big deal I'll just try next time. Not everyone has a next time.

Guess I'm immoral and lazy.... :rolleyes: Seriously??? Good grief. Not everyone has hours to spend stalking websites

I love Scout and am glad it's still up
Just to be clear, I don't think people using it are immoral, but the people who made it are.

No, I'm not paying for a reservation no matter what the cost. I've always been able to find exactly what I'm looking for though, so I don't see the need. It might save me a little bit of time, but I find stalking ADRs to be fun!

I am a disney planner too, and I almost always secure the ADR's that I want. For me, the issue with DIsney providing a service for ADR's may make it almost mandatory because instead of a relatively few people using these types of services, it will be offered as part of a dinng plan. You added the DDP? Well, in order to ensure that you are able to use it to your advantage, let me tell you that for a slight fee, we will help you to secure your ADR's. I see it as a logistical mess for Disney if folks do nto get their special ADR's and a nightmare for anyone not using it.

Also, considering it appears that Disney does hold back reservations it seems almost unethical to charge people to watch for them when they would know they are holding on to x number, and they will be released at a future date. If they hadn't held on to them those people might not need to pay for such a service at all.

I can't see Disney doing this though.

I'm finishing planning a trip right now, that I want to be very special, including one hard to get ADR. I did put in a request with the "unofficial" Dining Buddy, and under similar circumstances I would do so in the future, depending on the price. For run of the mill ADRs, though, I would not.

Are we talking about WDW providing the service? Or a 3rd party?

Pay WDW for the privilege of making WDW's jacked-up ADR system slightly less jacked up?

:rotfl:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter