So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

9/20-9/25 @PVB, we are taking a wait and see approach. For us, and as a whole, Disney has always done their very best to provide the best possible experience. I am confident that even with the restrictions in place they will do everything possible to make it worth the trip.

We are in the U.K.
We lost our April /May trip.
And lost $’s too as had booked non refundable offsite accommodation.
all Disney refunds received though. 👍🏻
still waiting to hear regarding flights.

we are booked for end oct/November and bringing a newbie whose main excitement is the fireworks?! 😗

however; we are darn well still coming (assuming we are allowed out of the country and hopefully not put into quarantine upon return!)
I don’t care about shorter park hours, no dining plan, no parades,no fireworks.
I would like to have our special adrs , I would like emh.
But simply to have been booked, rebooked, had Fp+cancellations , Adr cancellations and so forth.
I just want to be there.

10/7-14 @ GF. Keeping for now if we can get tix for MNSSHP. Probably change resorts unless discounts come out. Hate to give up flights-$160/person. Lost March & June trips. It would be nice to do disney like we used to, without preplanning. But PH is a big part of our day.

You could get to MK from WL and then I guess Epcot by monorail. But how would you be able to get to HS or AK by anything other than bus? For AK I feel like bus is the only way to get there from any resort unless you get a Minnie Van

Thanks, it just occurred to me that because we're doing a split stay (late July) ...how would we get from WL to BWI without the bus?

Thanks, it just occurred to me that because we're doing a split stay (late July) ...how would we get from WL to BWI without the bus?
I have no idea. That would be tricky. I’d think you’d need to bring all of your stuff in the room. Probably getting an Uber would be the best bet.

Unless you go to Epcot that day and walk then to BWI

As of now our family is still going knowing the experience will be different. Luckily we only had 3 dining reservations as our children are older now and would rather not have too many preset dining reservations. When they were little, it was definitely more important to have our character breakfasts and dinner reservations planned ahead of time. The real disappointment will be if Discovery Cove doesn't allow humans to swim with dolphins. That was the main reason for the trip. Our daughter wants to do that for her 16th b-day, so we figured let's go to Disney too. The other concern is will we be able to get into Florida without being quarantined. We live in NJ. Our governor finally announced organized sports and camps can start again at the end of June. So hopefully, the FL restriction on NJ will be lifted by July.

Have a late July/early August trip that we're on the fence about. The restrictions don't bother us much... it's more whether or not we feel it's safe to be traveling including flying. Have November booked as back up. We'll see!

Dumping our NOV 2020 Res, as WDW will not allow us to renew our DVC Gold Passes. When there is a place to go to? We will go to it.

postponed our April trip to October, told our TA to cancel that and book for April 2021. Worried about what might happen with the virus in the fall.

Have a late July/early August trip that we're on the fence about. The restrictions don't bother us much... it's more whether or not we feel it's safe to be traveling including flying. Have November booked as back up. We'll see!

This sounds almost exactly like us. Late July. We're a family of 6. What if one of us gets sick as a result of the plane ride from PA to FL? I don't want to have to deal with a family member being on a ventilator that far from home, and where do you stay if you have to be quarantined in FL?

For now , keeping my Sept. 13–19 WL. I am going solo . Going to take a wait and see approach for now. I am ok with the limitations but hope there is some kind of price adjustments for the changes .

Cancelled March, April and May trips (dd20 was in the dcp was so we were going all out!)...

Currently have July 22-29. We are keeping at this point. We have dvc points we need to use (banked from 2018) and AP's that expire 8/7. We could try to put together something in the fall with the dvc points and AP extension but we will have 2 in college and they don't get a fall break. We really can't go again until mid-Dec and neither the dvc or AP's will be good. So, we are going and hoping we can make some magic despite everything.

I’m currently scheduled for September 12 - 16 at Beach Coub on a free dining plan package after our May DVC stay had to be cancelled. Since there are only two of us going, the 35% room discount replacing free dining works out to be about the same savings. For now I think we’re still planning to go and try for park reservations for 1 day each at Epcot and the Studios. I think I have until 30 days prior to cancel, so have some time to wait and see how things go the first month of opening.

We canceled our YC/Poly split from August 3rd-August 14th to celebrate my 40th. Too much money for all the restrictions in place. Our TA rebooked us at the BC for August 1st-August 14th of next year. Here’s hoping there is more normalcy by then. 🤞🏻

Currently keeping October 17-23 AKL Jambo House. We're all AP holders with our last trip in January of this year. My DD (age 8) and I are all about going, but DH is a little more hesitant. We're trying to sneak in one final trip before DS turns 3. Like most others, we are going to wait and see how all this plays out.

Keeping our reservation for now. I'm okay with the 35% off instead of Free Dining. We go in December and reduced experiences (no parades, fireworks and shows) will drive our cancellation. And masks. I don't want to cancel too soon. I work in a school and I'm worried about what Fall is going to be like. I might need a trip to my "Happy Place" come Xmas!

8/3-8/8, keeping. We’ve been working through this all, I’m the only one on my team not working from home, DH is a police officer, DD17 had all senior plans, prom, graduation cancelled, and DD15 had band trip and the rest of the school year cancelled. We ALL need a break, and have all agreed that we will be going no matter what! Disney is our happy place and we till take it in any form we can get. We have plenty of cloth masks, and I bought a large box of the paper disposable ones too because they’re lighter and cooler for outside. We can’t wait!

Disney will transfer your luggage to next Disney resort. It will take about 4-6 hours. Call them when you get to WL. I've done it several times. No charge, but a tip.

We're going in January and I'm keeping our reservations. At the moment, we have a room-only package at Pop Century and will add tickets to it when regular packages open up for 2021 next month.

I don't care if there's reduced capacity.
Don't care that you can't make ADRs until 60 days ahead of time.
Don't care if there's no FP+.
Don't care about the reduced operating hours.
Don't care that you have to make a reservation at each park in order to get in.

I will just be happy to be there, sitting on a park bench on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter