So what should I do?

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Looking to all of you for advice. Here is the situation. Next year we are planning to go to Disney before our trip to Universal and here is my question. Should we stay on site or not? We love the disney resorts and have the most magical time when there. However, DS loves Nickelodeon as well as Disney and the Holiday Inn Family Suites right in the disney area is transforming into the Nick Suites Resort. I can stay here in a themed suite (Fairly Odd parents suite or Sponge Bob) for $199 a night or I could ultimately stay at a Disney moderate or deluxe resort for this price.

Not sure. What would you do if you were me?

Signed,

Very confused!:rolleyes:

As cool as the Fairly Odd Parents suite sounds to me (I love that cartoon), I don't know if I'd risk not staying on WDW property. For me there is nothing like staying on property.

If it were me, I'd stay in WDW and visit the Nick hotel to check it out for the next visit.

Thank you joats. It's just so confusing. I love the magic at WDW and part of the fun is that at the resorts the magic continues not just at the parks. I don't think the Nick resort would have that same type of magic, but DS sure would love it.

Hi SpideyHulk24,

When you say suite, does that mean kitchen and seperate bedroom? That would be worth $199 a night to me. Since you have already done Disney vacations at Disney resorts, it may be fun and exciting to change it up a bit by staying at the Nick resort.

It sounds like you want to do it...I say go for it. Your son will love it no matter what cause you'll still be on vacation and at Disney World!!

I know what you mean. I've been tempted to stay on property at Universal, but afraid I'll miss the WDW on property perks/feeling.

That being said, I'd never take a trip to FL w/out going to IOA!

Originally posted by joats
I know what you mean. I've been tempted to stay on property at Universal, but afraid I'll miss the WDW on property perks/feeling.

Ohhhh, once you stay at a Universal Resort with the FOTL access, you'll never be able to do US/IOA without it! It really is a great way to experience the Universal parks. Even if you only stay two nights at Universal and then the rest at a Disney resort. It's so worth it!!!

In June we went to US before Disney and stayed at the HRH, loved it!! But when we go to Disney we stay Disney, it just wouldn't be as magical (for us) to stay off property. :wave:

Never having stayed on WDW property until this upcoming trip i'll offer some advise. I rented a house last time we where down. Visited WDW for 1/2 a day and activated our newly found us/ioa passes (this was 2 years ago) and from the moment we went to us/ioa it was over with Disney for us. We just loved it. I liked Disney but the cost with a family of 7 just did'nt thrill me for what we got. That being said when we left the house for PBH at us/ioa it was a whole new world. I did'nt have a problem staying offsite and I would JUMP to stay at that new HIS. I remember the pic you showed a bit back and i plan to make it atleast a night during the NEXT trip when it's completed. Spidey go for it you've done Disney so do Nick your son will think you are the coolest dad ever. He'll grow up sooner than you think and will enjoy the more sublte theming of Disney propertys but this property is WOW in you face. It's like a grown up ALLSTAR resort!!!!!! Meaning it's a REAL room.LOL With space for your clothes.LOL Anyways have a great trip.

Thanks to all of you! Robinette, it is a living area, two bedrooms and a kitchenette area with a sink, coffeemaker, mini fridge and microwave. And, not to go off topic, but we love staying on site at Universal. The resorts are great and the FOTL cannot be beat! Thanks for all the great replies!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites last Feb. It was nice because we brought our dd2 and ds 4. We had more space.

Pro's
Nice zero entry pool
very clean
good sized rooms
outside corridor rooms
pretty quite
3 t.v.'s
play station (I think)
small kitchen
close to downtown disney
lots of parking

Cons
Terrible food ( this made it difficult because we had to leave to eat.)
The free breakfast was insane. Food quality was low
uncomfortable beds
It took @40 minutes door to entrance of MK.
useless kitchen

We felt that it took too long to get to MK and we always argued on the way to the park because the kids were always fighting. They are in the middle of a remodel that looks pretty cool. So maybe things will improve as far as a new restaurant. Next time I need alot of room I will try Wilderness cabins or renting a house or a condo. We will be staying at the WL this Feb and we are looking forward to living with the Disney magic the whole time. Good luck with your decision.
Tara:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter