So what about Fidelity?

I had an accepted offer on a great contract through Fidelity, although it got taken back in ROFR.

In my experience, they get some nicely priced contracts (along with contracts priced consistent with the rest of the market), but their customer service and communication can be inconsistent. For instance, the broker I used there didn’t tell me that my contract got taken back by Disney. I found out when I got the deposit check back in the mail from the title company. Also, the office isn’t open on weekends like other brokers. I personally didn’t think the the lack of a service was a big deal, but some would prefer better service from other brokers.

so I am about to try a purchase through fidelity can anyone give me some info? Just wondering? They seem kind of slow and laid back...

Their contracts seem priced to sell. It’s hard to be the first one to grab a contract and if you aren’t in contention, they aren’t in any hurry to contact you. I’ve bid on three contracts with them, two accepted but both lost to ROFR.

I used them, Bonnie to be exact and I had a good experience and would not hesitate to use her again. I do agree they are priced to sell and need to be on email list and strike fast.... Bonnie even helped after my first one was taken by Disney, emailed me before it hit the email list.... I didn't take that one but I thought super nice to watch out for me... with that said they are very busy and I had to keep her attention when I was looking, checking in semi frequently etc.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the feedback. Bonnie is currently helping me. Hopefully all goes smoothly but from what I’m reading I’m not confident about it passing by Disney.

Agree with above. My first contract was through them, and while they don't hold your hand like some of the others (who are also great...), the deal got done. Don't forget about the buyer admin fee of $299 (I believe that's the price???) and offer accordingly.

We used Bonnie for our resale (both the contract that was taken via ROFR and the one that passed). Both times I had called and Bonnie had contracts that fit our needs but weren't on the website/email list yet (b/c she was either waiting on the points confirmation from Disney or waiting for the sellers to sign the sales contract). I do think they are super busy and will not periodically give you a status update like "waiting to hear from the seller." However, every time I contacted Bonnie, she did check with the seller and get back me quickly. So I think if you're working with Fidelity, you need to be a pro-active buyer and not worry about reaching out when you want an update.

While I loved Bonnie (and would totally use her again), I cannot say the same for their contracts department. Twice, they used the wrong email for my husband, sending our sales contract to an email address not associated with us. When I would mention it every time (and cc him in correctly), they still wouldn't change it. That irked me from a privacy standpoint

Also, the buyer's fee was $199 when we bought in February.

We purchased a resale from Fidelity in 2011, it was a very good experience. I tried to go through them again but I wasn't able to find a contract at BWV with a Dec use year that wasn't already taken. They seem to be gone before they hit the list that is sent out and they do seem to priced lower then the other brokers out there. I spoke with them several times but I wasn't able to get what I needed. I did however final fine the right contract using ************* working with Bee Thaxton. Bee was very responsive and got back to me very quickly. If I'm ever in the market again for another resale I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter