SO MUCH FOOD! Do we have to eat more? 9 days on DxDP!

Disgirl2011

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys! I'm back from my trip to the world! My Dsis, DBiL, DN and I stayed at the Villas at Grand Floridian and it was fantastic! That resort is just soo gorgeous and in a super convenient location! :earboy2:

We decided to do the DxDP which I was super excited for, we had some signature meals planned so it seemed like it was gonna work out....well my eyes were much too big for my stomach! I thought I was going to die by the end of the trip with all the food I ate. An appetizer, entree and dessert per person/per meal is way too much food, I don't care who you are! :rotfl2:

That being said it was awesome to try a ton of different places and while I didn't want to move for most of the trip I'd say it was worth it based off experience alone.

So the places we ate are as follows :

Mon 2nd- Afternoon Tea and the Garden View Tea Room

Dinner at Narcooses

Tues 3rd-
Lunch- Coral Reef
Dinner- The Garden Grill

Wed 4th-
Breakfast - Tusker House
Lunch- Yak & Yeti
Dinner- Jiko

Thurs 5th-
Breakfast- Crystal Palace
Dinner- Be Our Guest

Fri 6th-
Lunch- Biergarten
Dinner- Rose & Crown Pub

Sat 7th-
Lunch- Mama Melrose
Dinner- The Hollywood Brown Derby

Sun 8th-
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner- DN and I ate at Beaches and Cream, DSis and BiL ate at Victoria and Albert's (JEALOUS!)

Mon 9th-
Lunch- Bongos Cuban Cafe
Dinner- T-Rex

Tues 10th-
Breakfast- Grand Floridian Cafe

I will be following up with reviews in the next several posts! Pictures for some will come later (Not able to load them on my work computer :rotfl:)

I agree it is a ton of food, but sooo good the time. We love to use it for signature restaurants, but even at that way to much food. I can't wait to hear your reviews. Lori

Alright! So day 1 we got to the resort and were lucky enough to check in right away! We went down to Gasparilla Grill and got our refillable mugs and some cupcakes for a snack :D I had the pina colada cupcake and it was AWESOME!

We had reservations at 4ish for Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea room. I was super excited about this and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed my tea with the added milk and sugar cubes (WHO DOESN'T LOVE SUGAR CUBES!?) The only thing I wasn't partial to was the goat cheese and beet thing. Not a fan of goat cheese and definitely not a fan of beets so that went to my BiL. I selected assorted pastries for my dessert (I had been eyeing the strawberries and cream for a long time before getting there but just wasn't feeling it at that time.) There was a chocolate dipped strawberry, pastry swan with raspberry/strawberry mousse and an eclair. They were all okay nothing too exciting. BiL had a boozy mousse thing and my DSis had the Strawberries and Cream. All enjoyed them! Service was fast and efficient. Waitress wasn't super friendly but its a fancier place so I assumed its just supposed to be that way :rotfl:

Dinner I was looking forward to a lot! We had 915 reservations at Narcoosees... PS 915 WAY TOO LATE FOR DINNER! We got there right as the fireworks were beginning at Magic Kingdom so we stepped out on the patio and watched them before being seated. Service was incredibly slow but I'm usually pretty forgiving for that kind of thing especially when it was sort of busy. We ended up getting out of there around 11pm...

Anyways the food! For appetizers I had the Calamari which came with a pepper thing I wasn't too fond of. My DSis had the lobster bisque and my DBiL had the crab cake. I heard no complaints from them. For the Entree I had the Striped Bass with Smoked Potatoes and Chorizo Shrimp. The Bass was good as was the shrimp but the smoked potatoes were weird as was the sauce on them. Way too smoky of a flavor. It was unsettling. My DSis and DBiL had the Filet and Lobster tail and said it was great.

Dessert : I had the Chocolate and Coconut Creme Brulee it was delicious. My DSis had the cheese plate to go, DN had the smores also to go, and my DBiL had the Fiji Apple Tart which he said was great.

I would say that while it was good I had hoped for so much more from this place. I will try it again for sure though! :banana:

(I will try to add pictures later today :thumbsup2)

Next Up: Day 2- Coral Reef lunch and The Garden Grill dinner.

Last edited:
Following along! I always love reading reviews of the DxDP - curious to see how all those meals went!

How does the DxDP work with the afternoon tea?

Toying with DxDP for our 10 year anniversary. Thinking breakfast/brunch and late signature dinners. I hope that will leave us not so stuffed to the gills!

How does the DxDP work with the afternoon tea?

Toying with DxDP for our 10 year anniversary. Thinking breakfast/brunch and late signature dinners. I hope that will leave us not so stuffed to the gills!

Sorry I should have mentioned that was OOP courtesy of my DSis. Highly recommend it though!

Day 2 ( I promise I will attempt pictures this week!)

Lunch at Coral Reef: Lunch was good we got sat next to some awful man who was belittling his granddaughter though it was pretty terrible. Anyways food:

Me: I had the Lobster Bisque for an appetizer, it was DELICIOUS! My Entree which was also delicious was the Roasted Pork belly with Jicama Slaw, Baked Beans and Jalapeno Cream. It was sooo good. I do love pork a lot! It just all worked well I was so happy haha. My dessert which was also good was Vanilla Panna Cotta with Key Lime Tart. It was good, I'm not a huge Key Lime person but I love panna cotta and wanted a lighter dessert so it worked well. I think this might have been one of my best meals of the trip!

DSis: She had the Tuna Tataki which she said was awesome. She had the Rainbow trout for an entree, I feel like she commented that the side parts didn't work as well with the fish but overall it was good. Her dessert was the Chocolate Wave, pretty sure she devoured this quickly which must mean it was delicious!

DBiL: He had Sriracha Shrimp which he liked, I think he thought it was good, wasn't as spicy as he was expecting. For his entree he had the Cheese Manicotti with Lobster Tail. He really enjoyed it thought that the lobster was a really good addition. For his dessert he had the Jack and Baileys mousse which he said was super boozy and felt a buzz afterward (Not sure if he was exaggerating though haha)

I cannot remember what my DN had I feel like it was the shrimp but I could be wrong, no complaints from him though!

Dinner: The Garden Grill

Overall this was awesome. Makes it easy since everyone had the same thing :) I loved the beef it was sooo good especially since it was made for a crowd I was surprised. The veggies were less than appealing, bland mushy and not that many. The dessert was the cobbler. Would have been better with Ice Cream. It was a fun experience and nice seeing all the characters from our table :goodvibes

Sorry if my reviews for my family are kind of poor, I kept thinking about asking them how they felt but we were eating so much and I just wanted to enjoy it. For the most part I made sure to take pictures at least of all the food so when I get those on there hopefully that helps!

:jumping1:

Next up: Day 3-

Breakfast - Tusker House
Lunch- Yak & Yeti
Dinner- Jiko

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter