So long suckers! HAHAH!

Testtrack321

<font color=blue>Good GOD, man, quit banging your
Well, I'm off to the great mothership, DISNEYLAND. I will report back with my own state of the *other* parks address, and I'll cover wether or not Disneyland is really that bad, ditto for DCA.

Have a great trip. I'm sure you'll find DL to be a blast. Its just the maintenance that had been neglected, but appears to be on the right track now.

Actually, TL is a little sparse...

Maintenence is something that I was going to comment on, in my long thing that I never got posted about my trip.

You're on your family trip, bouncing from attraction to attraction, doing the normal trip thing...Disneyland is looking SOOO much better than it has in the last couple years.

On my trip, I spent a lot of time just photographing. Partly, because the convention schedule only gave me an hour here, 2 hours there in the middle of the day when the lines were long. Partly, because I'm not sure how many of those "tucked away in the corner" cute things are still going to around. One thing I noticed was only half of Monstro appears to have been painted on Storybookland. The back half, was faded, and streaked. But most people don't see the back. My Dad noticed, from the upper level of the Hungry Bear, that the Mark Twain had wood rot, near the water line. But walking around at ground level, this wouldn't have been visible.

So that leaves me with the age old question, "If a building looks great, while you are "on stage," is it maintained?" Because, the answer should be, "it depends." Bugs, moisture, mold and other nasties, can still sneak in the "back door" to do their damage. So I hope DL is taking care of the whole package, and not just those things the guest can see (or what City Hall has received complaints for).

Testtrack321!!!

WAIT!!! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!!

First, have a good time. And don't let anything little bother you!! You're in Disney, how bad can it be!!! And all the little stuff can be handled by the CMs. Or, in very rare occasions, a supervisor. So, NO little complaints!!

Second, don't let observations bother you. Get them rosy glasses out and keep them on your head!! If something does bother you, just file it away for your address and FORGET IT!!!

Complain and complain often about philosophical issues. Painting during the day, hours, vacuum cleaners, etc. But under no circumstances accept anything from management in return!!!

There!!! That's the LandBaron way to do Disney!!!!

And most of all - HAVE FUN!!!:bounce:

Have a blast - look forward to your report :)

Now I have to finish the good Baron's statement as he doesn't seem to be completing his thoughts.

First, have a good time. And don't let anything little bother you!!

............ until you get back.

There!!! That's the LandBaron way to do Disney!!!!

That truely is the Baron way, is it not? ;)

Ok, thanks Landbaron. I report everything back.

I will even be taking a small pocket sized notebook with me to put in my observations.

Also, as odd as it seems, I really can't wait till I see DCA. :D

Bye-Bye everyone!

I just returned from five days at Disneyland and DCA last night. The weather was warm and sunny. The churros and mint julips were delicious. Dinner at the Blue Bayou and Club 33 both delicious (a step up for Blue Bayou, and a new menu at Club 33).
The park has lots of new paint and everything was running at full tilt.
DCA was great, as usual. Everyone is filled with anticipation about Flik's Fun Faire and Tower of Terror.
Hope Test Track's trip is as good as mine was!

Test-track, im looking forward to your report. Im going in Dec so your obsaervations will be interesting. Have a great time!!

Well, here I am, in Disneyland, typeing this whole fricking letter on my Dad's Blacberry. I can see the summit of Grizzly Rapids Run outside on my patio. We will be heading to DCA tomorrow and then Disneyland.

There is one thing I have to say, and that is that Disneyland's Downtown Disney is a million times better than the one at WDW.

Solong for my 11 day vacation. See you on August 11th!

Why is DL's downtown better????
And have a great trip!!!

Bob, DL's DD is sandwiched between DL, DCA & the GC. It's basically 1 pedestrian throuh-way from the DLH on Disneyland Drive to Harbor (I think) on the other side. It's a nicely put together promenade with some very nice dining & shopping opportunities without nearly the walking as WDW. It's more a part of the DL Resort because it's right there...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I like the convenience of DLR's DD having everything closer together. However, I still prefer the WDW version, mainly because of the lake.

IMHO....

Also, dtd at disneyland seems really new and fresh.

We stayed there 3 or 4 days, and it is small enough that we were getting a little tired of it by the time we left, but I think they really did it right. It looks great.

DR

Have an awesome time!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Report back to us as soon as you get back. OK We can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Here's alittle pixie dust for you to ensure a safe journey.

Have fun!

King Triton

I liked Disneyland Downtown Disney too. I missed a few stores that I normally enjoy at the Marketplace (hey, that's my thing! :D ) but all in all it's a great place. We particularly enjoyed all of the entertainment in the evening. This gives the area a real festive air.

Im assuming that the DTD in DL is free??? And how long would it take to visit it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter