So if my trip begins September 28 but extends into October...

JennyMP03

DIS Veteran
...I can still go ahead and book free dining for the whole trip since the first night is during a free dining period, correct? I feel like I've read this before but want to make sure this isn't wishful thinking on my part (entirely likely!).

Edit: I just saw that free dining only extends to September 25th currently. Darn :(

...I can still go ahead and book free dining for the whole trip since the first night is during a free dining period, correct? I feel like I've read this before but want to make sure this isn't wishful thinking on my part (entirely likely!).

Edit: I just saw that free dining only extends to September 25th currently. Darn :(

I see your arrival date is after FD ends, but thought I would answer your question just in case your plans changed. As long as you check in on or before the last day of FD, you will get FD for the whole trip :).

:wave2:

We are arriving the same day that you are, so I feel your "just-missed-free-dining" pain. Tomorrow a room-only discount is being released and that covers the first night of our stay (but only the first night). There has been some speculation over on another thread that when/if a new free dining fall offer comes out, that it *may* start on October 1. Those offers don't get released until July or sometime August from what I have read.

Guess I will just have to patiently wait until then :bored:

So if it did begin October 1st, I wouldn't get free dining by arriving September 28, right? I might look into changing our arrival date to avoid the anxiety of waiting until July to be sure...

So if it did begin October 1st, I wouldn't get free dining by arriving September 28, right? I might look into changing our arrival date to avoid the anxiety of waiting until July to be sure...

No. Only if you check in on Oct. 1st. You could do a room only for the first couple nights until it starts.

Thanks! I just talked to my husband and we're just going to switch to 9/21-28 instead to make sure we get free dining. I know many people scoff at the dining plan, but we're pretty excited by the prospect of free food!

Thanks! I just talked to my husband and we're just going to switch to 9/21-28 instead to make sure we get free dining. I know many people scoff at the dining plan, but we're pretty excited by the prospect of free food!

You won't regret it. Free food tastes GOOD. ;)

You won't regret it. Free food tastes GOOD. ;)

:goodvibes We went for our honeymoon in 2008 and paid for the dining plan then. We loved it even when we paid for it! But I think you may be right-- food sprinkled with a healthy dose of FREE will be even better!

Not that they won't get our money in plenty of other ways. :rotfl:

I was just told tonight by a CM that in order to get the FD your trip has to lie within the dates of FD. In years past you could get FD for your entire trip as long as the arrival date of your trip fell within FD dates. (IE, say FD is Sept2-25...used to be if you arrived on Sept 25 you could get the FD for your entire trip. Now, nope.)

I was just told tonight by a CM that in order to get the FD your trip has to lie within the dates of FD. In years past you could get FD for your entire trip as long as the arrival date of your trip fell within FD dates. (IE, say FD is Sept2-25...used to be if you arrived on Sept 25 you could get the FD for your entire trip. Now, nope.)

That CM was mistaken. Many people are doing exactly as you describe. Call back and get someone that knows what they are doing!

That CM was mistaken. Many people are doing exactly as you describe. Call back and get someone that knows what they are doing!

Thank goodness for my skepticism...;) I did indeed chat with another CM who informed me the first CM was wrong. I kinda felt bad knowing more than an unassuming CM :rotfl2:

I was able to switch my first ressie to the original one I wanted Sept 25-Oct 2 at POFQ.

Thank goodness for my skepticism...;) I did indeed chat with another CM who informed me the first CM was wrong. I kinda felt bad knowing more than an unassuming CM :rotfl2:

I was able to switch my first ressie to the original one I wanted Sept 25-Oct 2 at POFQ.

Whenever they say something wrong just shout WRONG :lmao:

Yay! :cool1:

Whenever they say something wrong just shout WRONG :lmao:

"Don't you know I am a DISSER?? A DISSER, I tell you! You are wrong, and I am right. Let's not argue this point any longer." :lmao::rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter