So, how do you think Magical Express will work going forward?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I started to ponder this and I think it could be a problem. Buses that are full are pretty confining and obviously exceeds the limit of 10. Will they space everyone at least 6 feet apart and use more buses?

This will be true of park bus transportation, too.

I doubt they'll run buses and require face masks. I doubt they'll run buses and have people sit 6 feet apart.

Sounds like a great opportunity to shed themselves of the expense of DME in the name of safety.

Why would Disney stop providing coach transportation where each passenger has their own seat, and which "traps" most guests onsite (so Disney gets more of each person's vacation money) when public transit worldwide - including Disney's own options - will continue to pack people in, to be most effective?

Hunh? DME? How is WDW going to run rides where people sit near each other? How are they going to manage queues that have more than 50 people in them? How are they going to run even QS restaurants while keeping everyone 6 feet apart? Or have shows in theaters? And you're concerned about DME?

I'll be both surprised and disappointed if WDW opens up while these are still major concerns.

We will have a new normal post COVID. It is hard to speculate what our new normal will look like. We will not immediately return to how return to our world as it was months ago. Hopefully with time we will return to life as it once was.

Hunh? DME? How is WDW going to run rides where people sit near each other? How are they going to manage queues that have more than 50 people in them? How are they going to run even QS restaurants while keeping everyone 6 feet apart? Or have shows in theaters? And you're concerned about DME?

I'll be both surprised and disappointed if WDW opens up while these are still major concerns.

This is the transportation board. It's not the Theme Park attractions or restaurant boards. I understand there will be challenges throughout Disney World.

This is the transportation board. It's not the Theme Park attractions or restaurant boards. I understand there will be challenges throughout Disney World.

the end of the post was the point.

They aren’t going to open Disney until those aren’t concerns anymore. So the speculation that somehow 6’ will be an issue on transportation is moot.

The change I hope for is that people stay home or in their hotel rooms when they are sick. Stop drugging up and hitting the parks.

the end of the post was the point.

They aren’t going to open Disney until those aren’t concerns anymore. So the speculation that somehow 6’ will be an issue on transportation is moot.

The change I hope for is that people stay home or in their hotel rooms when they are sick. Stop drugging up and hitting the parks.

If I can't take my xanax to be able to ride FoP, I'm not going ! Lol

Not sure that DME is any different then the Airplane that dropped these travelers at MCO. Or those using the Monorail or Skyliner.

Most airlines still operating have put measures in place such as not selling the centre seat or seating passengers in every other row, alternating the row to be occupied on either side of the plane...

The changes will come, but it’s yet to be seen what Disney has in mind.

They'll probably start selling disney themed facemasks just like mickey ears - I appreciate that no one wants to "see" a sea of masks in Disney World but things are definitely going to change - maybe not long term but definitely short term. But there will be a point where this virus will be just like any other virus - something that comes around every so often like the flu but we will have built up an immunity to it and hopefully developed a vaccine for it - and maybe because people are washing their hands more often and conscious about touching their face, the flu and coronavirus won't be so bad the next time.
I don't think DME will go away but I do think people will be wearing masks everywhere until everyone "feels" more comfortable.

I read the Bob Iger article earlier today and he offered up that people may be required to have their temperature taken before they enter the park so I assume the same would happen to board DME. Nothing is solid but it's an interesting read.

I saw a Greyhound bus today in my travels, so I guess they're still operating. Maybe they or their website has info how they are doing things right now. I would assume DME would do what Greyhound is doing. :confused3

The CTA is still running in Chicago and I would assume New York.

Disney will be able to run buses. But maybe they will space out the seating.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter