• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So here's my dining plan so far.....WHAT WOULD YOU KEEP/CHANGE??

alaskanmommy

Alaskan Disney Fanatic
Hi guys!! So here's what it looks like so far for our trip to WDW for 10 days in Jan/Feb 2011 for our table service credits:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Le Cellier
Ohana Breakfast
Trails End
Teppan Edo
California Grill, hopefully for fireworks
Ohana
Coral Reef
Tutto Italia

I know we have one more table service credit and this is just a preliminary list. I'm going with my sister and her BF and DD, 10. They want Coral Reef, Le Cellier. I've been to Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef before and don't mind going back. We have a fantastic Le Cellier dinner last time and Teppan Edo is fun and pretty tasty.
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
We like Coral Reef for the ambiance, not really the food. I'm excited for CG the most. I'm thinking of changing out Trails End for something different even though I have heard rave reviews and I want to see that are of WDW, never been there.

So, I would love you hear any and all suggestions!! Thanks much.

They all sound great, just a reminder with Cali Grill even if you do not go when the fireworks are, (Lets say you go eariler) you can always come back later in the day and just go up to watch the fireworks. Just hold on to your receipt and they will let you go up and watch the fireworks

Thanks, I think I read that on here. :goodvibes I'm hoping to get ressies during fireworks or a little before!! I think it would be fun!!

That's a great list! I would consider adding another character meal since you have another credit to use for the 10 year old.

That's a great list! I would consider adding another character meal since you have another credit to use for the 10 year old.
If it were really up to me and I could upgrade to Deluxe Dining the list would look a little different. :rotfl:

Thanks!! We were talking about another character meal but we've done CRT twice, Chef Mickey's (not great), Crystal Palace (okay) with Pooh and Friends (twice), Cape May Cafe, Hollywood and Vine. We're not really into princesses and our favorite is the Ohana so far. Any suggestions for a character meal that we haven't done??? :confused::confused:

I LOOOVE Ft. Wilderness and the atmosphere there. But, I must say Trails End's reviews are on both ends of the spectrum. You either love it or hate it. It is BBQ ribs and fried chicken, etc.

Personally, that is one place that I don't think is worth a TS dining credit. Granted the last time I was there was 2007. Unless they've changed their menu or recipes, I wouldn't go there again.

Another place has similar food, with a fun ambiance that the 10y/o would enjoy is Whispering Canyon Cafe. Or you may want to try a something different, like Boma or something new like Sanaa - both in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sanaa you have a view of the animals on the Savannah as you eat.

Or use the credit from Trails End with your extra credit to do another Signature Dining. Another good character meal that we've enjoyed was the Garden Grill, in the Land at EPCOT.

I LOOOVE Ft. Wilderness and the atmosphere there. But, I must say Trails End's reviews are on both ends of the spectrum. You either love it or hate it. It is BBQ ribs and fried chicken, etc.

Personally, that is one place that I don't think is worth a TS dining credit. Granted the last time I was there was 2007. Unless they've changed their menu or recipes, I wouldn't go there again.

Another place has similar food, with a fun ambiance that the 10y/o would enjoy is Whispering Canyon Cafe. Or you may want to try a something different, like Boma or something new like Sanaa - both in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sanaa you have a view of the animals on the Savannah as you eat.

Or use the credit from Trails End with your extra credit to do another Signature Dining. Another good character meal that we've enjoyed was the Garden Grill, in the Land at EPCOT.

Thanks for the input!! :wizard: I was thinking that I might just pay OOP if we make it to Ft. Wilderness. I really want to go there as we love hiking camping and the outdoors and think we would enjoy this area alot. :hippie:

We do like Boma and have been there several times, both breakfast and dinner. Although I haven't been to Jiko yet. My family (DH and DD, 8) are adventurous eaters but our travel partners are not so we'll see. popcorn::

What are your opinions on Sci-Fi, Hollywood Derby or 50's?? Should we try to fit one of those in?? We've always tried to do one of these but have ended up cancelling our ressies. Thanks!!!

I think we are in the minority here, but we love both of these places. The burgers and onion rings are terrific and HUGE at Sci-fi and we love watching the movies. 50's Primetime has pot roast to die for!!! and, again, we love watching the old sitcom clips. I am in my 50's too so I actually remember most of the clips but DD thinks they're pretty funny too. I would also second Whispering Canyon Cafe. We had a ball and the skillet pork was delicious. On the other hand, we'd never set foot in 'Ohana again, bad food, bad service and we truly disliked the Polynesian entertainer. JMHO!

my kids are 9 and 6 sci fi dine in and 50's make their list of must dos. I have to admit I love them both to and think they are alot of fun.

Le Cellier - we love and is also a must do
Ohana Breakfast - a fav of mine
Trails End - definitley would not use a credit and menu does not look so great
Teppan Edo- never tried but we are trying this trip
California Grill, hopefully for fireworks - sounds great
Ohana- we are trying this trip too
Coral Reef - a must do for dd9
Tutto Italia - we have never tried and did not make the list this time for us

1900 park fare breakfast is alot of fun its with mary poppins alice and the mad hatter

i would consider sanaa since you can see the animals we are going there this trip

biergarten is lot of fun menu not to many options but food, atmosophere and service were great

I think we are in the minority here, but we love both of these places. The burgers and onion rings are terrific and HUGE at Sci-fi and we love watching the movies. 50's Primetime has pot roast to die for!!! and, again, we love watching the old sitcom clips. I am in my 50's too so I actually remember most of the clips but DD thinks they're pretty funny too. I would also second Whispering Canyon Cafe. We had a ball and the skillet pork was delicious. On the other hand, we'd never set foot in 'Ohana again, bad food, bad service and we truly disliked the Polynesian entertainer. JMHO!

Thanks for the info. I think they both look pretty fun. I'm leaning toward Sci-Fi for one day, maybe we'll pay OOP. The prices don't look too bad. I've thought of Whispering Canyon too. We have two male MEATAHOLICS :love: who would love to go to Ohana so I'm not sure if we will cut that out or not. :scared1:

my kids are 9 and 6 sci fi dine in and 50's make their list of must dos. I have to admit I love them both to and think they are alot of fun.

Le Cellier - we love and is also a must do
Ohana Breakfast - a fav of mine
Trails End - definitley would not use a credit and menu does not look so great
Teppan Edo- never tried but we are trying this trip
California Grill, hopefully for fireworks - sounds great
Ohana- we are trying this trip too
Coral Reef - a must do for dd9
Tutto Italia - we have never tried and did not make the list this time for us

1900 park fare breakfast is alot of fun its with mary poppins alice and the mad hatter

i would consider sanaa since you can see the animals we are going there this trip

biergarten is lot of fun menu not to many options but food, atmosophere and service were great

Great ideas!!! :goodvibes We loved Teppan Edo last time. Great food and a lot of fun!! Sounds like we have similar taste. We do really enjoy Chefs de France too and we might try to fit it in to go se Remy. He wasn't there last time we went but the latest reviews haven't been that great either. :headache:

I think I will consider 1900 Park Fare breakfast; that might be a new, fun character experience for us.

My DD 8, is a total animal freak, so I'll have to think about Sanaa as well. Thanks for helping, I think. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter