So grateful Craig & Ryno are covering D23. I'm in the NEVER AGAIN club

That's a huge convention, even more reason to do something to help manage the crowds and improve the experience. Selling assigned seats would make a tremendous difference.
Destination D is guaranteed seating. I think for a convention like D23 it's hard to do that because they have 4 different venues where they are doing panels/presentations and the times overlap.

Agree with @dina444444 -- Expo 2019 went pretty smoothly overall and was a fun experience. This wasn't our first rodeo and we knew to research and prepare going in. There was a D23 Expo Superthread going on the Disneyland (California) board with excellent advice and real time updates from faithful DISers (thanks, guys!). We don't do the huge panels (if we pay for a hotel, I expect to sleep in a real bed!) and plan our Expo days carefully so that we don't burn out. The smaller panels are wonderful and the magic that can happen makes great memories. The advance reservations didn't work out for us, but it turned out that we wouldn't have needed them anyway -- had great seating for all our panels, including the one where we got in late. So, I agree that Expo isn't for everyone, but it can be a great experience if you do your planning well and don't panic.
@rteetz: I think you're really going to enjoy Expo. Drop on by the New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019) to browse and ask any questions. :)

Last edited:
Agree with @dina444444 -- Expo 2019 went pretty smoothly overall and was a fun experience. This wasn't our first rodeo and we knew to research and prepare going in. There was a D23 Expo Superthread going on the Disneyland (California) board with excellent advice and real time updates from faithful DISers (thanks, guys!). We don't do the huge panels (if we pay for a hotel, I expect to sleep in a real bed!) and plan our Expo days carefully so that we don't burn out. The smaller panels are wonderful and the magic that can happen makes great memories. The advance reservations didn't work out for us, but it turned out that we wouldn't have needed them anyway -- had great seating for all our panels, including the one where we got in late. So, I agree that Expo isn't for everyone, but it can be a great experience if you do your planning well and don't panic.
@rteetz: I think you're really going to enjoy Expo. Drop on by the New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019) to browse and ask any questions. :)
We shall see if I can make it work in 2021. I had my own super thread of sorts with news updates throughout the event. Sounds like everyone had a great time tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!