SO GLAD we did not do a dining plan. And I am 19 weeks pregnant!

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I just got back from a week and WDW and I have to say, I am SO GLAD we did not do a dining plan. While there are a ton of people who love it, this is for those people who might be waffling on the idea. We went back and forth I cannot tell you how many times on what to do about the dining plan. In the end, we decided aganist it and I am so glad. Here are my reasons:

#1. I do not like to make ADR's. In fact we made only three for this entire week long trip and ended up only going to one of them. We cancelled the other two. When it was the day of our reservations, it turns out we were just not in the mood to eat at those places or decided we wanted to go somewhere else that day.

#2. We like to snack more than eat meals. We were lucky if we ate one meal a day while we were there. The rest of the time we just had little things here and there when we got hungry. When we did eat a meal, we both felt so stuffed for the rest of the day that there is no way we could have eaten another meal. I don't like to feel that way on vacation.

#3. The heat. I had no idea how much the heat was going to affect our eating. It was way to hot and we found the we really did not want to eat much because of it. We drank a lot more than normal but ate a lot less than I think we normally do. Neither one of us were in the mood for big heavy meals as they just made us feel ill.

There are other reasons but I just wanted to post this for people who may be thinking the same things as I do about the dining plan. And I am 19 weeks pregnant so it is not like I don't LOVE to eat. I do love my food, I am just glad that we passed on the dining plan. I think we would have wasted a lot of money.

Kristine

Congrats on your pregnancy! The DDP probably works for most, but not all. We liked being able to eat one TS meal a day and liked that we had a schedule to follow, but that is us, and many folks would not want to vacation around their meal schedule. Good for you that you were able to go to WDW and do it your way!

I would have hated the DDP when I was pregnant! For both of my pregnancies, just the idea of walking into a restaurant made me ill! :crazy2: I tried going w/o the DDP for a short trip in March but I don't think I saved anything. But I agree, it's not always the right thing for every family.

Yeah, when I was pregnant, the DDP would have never worked for me.

Basically, if you like to wing it, don't like to eat much full serve meals, than the DDP will never work for you.

However, if you like a TS meal say 75% of the time or more, its a great deal.

But man when I was pregnant, all I wanted was watermelon, hamburgers (plain) and fruit punch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter