So far so good... Day by day HH 7 month window

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
I wasnt able to call MS until after 11 their time.... and I was nervous about that... I am currently in LA (went to US today, Magic mountain tomorrow) and the time change has messed up my schedule.... anyway....

I was able to book the first night today (7 months out) for a 2 bedroom at HH for our June trip. I expected availiblity since it is a 99 point Saturday (ouch, but I might switch this night to cash on Monday) MS said it looks good for the rest of our stay, so I will be up bright and early next week to book the rest of the trip!

When things settle down with the house, I think we are going to swap out our OKW points for HH points. This sweating the 7 month window things sucks, and we can really see ourselves going there every year for a looooong time.::yes::

Good luck, Laura, but I think you will be OK given that you are looking for a 2BR rather than another type of villa. We just added on at HH because we like staying in a studio to save points, and they are difficult to get at the 7 month window.

Yep, 99 points is a lot, isn't it. We have always paid cash for just this reason. And, when we stay on a Saturday night, the resort is empty.

I will share a trick I used our first year at HH. We wanted a week in July and I booked it at the 7 month window using the Christmas Holidays to my advantage. Since MS was closed a lot of those days, it made booking several days at time a snap.

Since then, we have added on enough to spend a week every summer at HH. The stress of calling made the add on pay for itself.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

Good Luck!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

Allison

I was able to book 3 more nights today... I called around 10 AM. WOO HOO!

Just 3 more days to book, then 7 months to wait.... LOL

I asked about the cash rate for Saturday night... 410. plus tax, no member discount availible, but MS said call back every so often to see if a discount opens up. I am going to talk to DH tonight and see what he wants to do... cash or points.... I must admit I am tempted to rent out 40 points and pay cash for Saturday night.... then I could use 56 points and tack on Friday the 10th (only 56 points for the last night of the DREAM season... lol) with the left over points.

lenshanem, your trying for a 1 bedroom right??? I asked about availiblity and they said quite a few 2 bedrooms were still availible, but all studios were gone, and only a handful of 1 bedrooms. ~~~~~ sending you 7 month window vibes ~~~~~ Keep us posted!

Thanks for the update. Good luck on the last few nights.

Hi Laurabearz.
I'm booking at the 7 month window with you! I have to call for 2 more nights. We'll be there June 12-17th. I don't know if you remember, but we were suppose to meet up at MNSSHP in October. Maybe we can meet up in HH! Good luck in getting your other dates.

I do remember you! So soo sorry we missed each other. It was a crazy night. But DIS meet at HH is a must! On Tuesdays there is a Pool party and fireworks a natural setting for a DIS meet!

Have you been there before??? What size villa are you booking??

And good luck getting your last days too!

I called today to see about booking a HH 2bdrm for June 12-18th and Betty at MS said it looked pretty good on the 2 bdrms for that week. I was going to wait till Thursday, but I started getting nervous about not getting a room.

So, I'm going to call back on Thursday a.m. and book the whole stay at once. Hope I didn't make a bad decision! I didn't have enough HH points left to book the whole stay and they'd have had to link reservations and use some of our VB or BCV points.

We love our June HH stays! We have 200 pts. there, but it sometimes doesn't seem like enough.

Colleen

Laura,

Definitely keep checking back for the member cash discount. We decided a couple of summers ago that we'd like to add a night on cash just a few weeks before our stay and were able to get the discount. Not sure when it's available, but sure worth checking up on it. I think the summer we were able to get it was a Friday in mid to late July.

Colleen

Just got off the phone with MS, booked our June 12-17 trip to HH in a 2 BR. I don't think we will be staying Friday night, cash ressie is $308 with our discount!!

Laura-would love to meet up with you while we are there. It will be our first time there. sending you pixie dust!!

Colleen- sending you pixie dust too!

already planning our trip, but first OKW in Feb!
Jill

Glad to hear that so many of you have been able to book HH 7 months out! I've never been there, but imagine that June must be a great time to be there!

Bobbi:D

Bobbi.... it was wicked hot last June.... I am hoping this year it will be a bit more bearable.... Still a great time even in the heat.

I called today and switched Saturday to cash, added Friday the 10th and the following Weds and Thursday.... one more day of calling and we will be all booked.

There seems to be a lot of us booking HH at the 7 month window this week.... I wonder if it gets harder as the summer progresses....

:jumping1:

I just got off the phone with MS and was able to get our entire stay June 12-June 18 reserved!

Sure is a killer, points-wise, for those Friday night stays, but we splurge on it every now and then. I think we need to buy 31 more HH points since that's where we stay the most. Then we could make the whole reservation at 12 months.

Good luck to everyone calling for stays this week!

Now, we need to set up a DISmeet during our stay. There seems to be quite a few of us going at that time. ::yes::

Colleen

My family and I are going July 3-9. We got 5 nights on points, the other 2 on Cash. You are correct, Sat is TOO expensive pt wise, at 99 points, we ALWAYS do cash on Saturday..
Also, the place is Pretty empty for the most part in summer on Sat. night...
DeerH

I booked our last night without a hitch... final days... June 10th-18th.

I think a Tuesday night DIS meet before the fireworks is the way to go.

Sometime in January I will post a DIS Meet thread and get everyone together!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter