So excited - we've been upgraded!

Lisa D

Mouseketeer
Just got an upgrade for our 4/29 Eastern from Cat. 5 to a Cat. 4! :cool1:

We did a Cat. 4 on our 2 Wonder cruises - Cut back to a Cat. 5 to save a little money on the 7-day - just saw today that we are upgraded to 8084 right across from the 8586 we had last year (and loved) on the Wonder.

DH is a little bummed we won't get the same view pulling into Castaway Cay we had on Starboard side - I'm just happy for the extra room on the 7-day.

Hope the Upgrade fairy is kind to as many DIS'ers as possible!

Lisa :banana:

How fortunate for you! Enjoy it!

Congratulations! What a great piece of luck!

Congrats!!!

Maybe will get upgraded - cat 11 to cat 6 - a girl can dream right? :rotfl2:

Isn't it exciting? :) :) :) I flipped when we were upgraded to a 4 from an 8 last December. :) Enjoy!

lbgraves said:
Isn't it exciting? :) :) :) I flipped when we were upgraded to a 4 from an 8 last December. :) Enjoy!

An 8 to a 4! That's wonderful! You must have been on :cloud9:

LisaD, enjoy the extra space. Upgrades are so much fun!

Three cheers for the upgrade fairy! :goodvibes

How far in advance do you usually hear about an upgrade?? It seems like over a month is pretty far out to be upgraded. I would expect it like the week before or at the port. Congratulations though! Also, do you usually find out by just looking at your reservation or does DCL actually contact you to tell you? Congrats again and have a great cruise!

I am pretty obssessive-compulsive as far as this cruise thing goes - I was checking my ressie on the DCL site about once a week or so. I decided to check yesterday since we were at the 30-day mark, and lo and behold, what once said stateroom 7562 now said 8084! I'm almost afraid to look again in case it was changed back! I even printed it out to make sure I wasn't dreaming! :banana:

Lisa :cloud9:

Lisa D said:

We did a Cat. 4 on our 2 Wonder cruises - Cut back to a Cat. 5 to save a little money on the 7-day - just saw today that we are upgraded to 8084 right across from the 8586 we had last year (and loved) on the Wonder.

DH is a little bummed we won't get the same view pulling into Castaway Cay we had on Starboard side - I'm just happy for the extra room on the 7-day.

Hope the Upgrade fairy is kind to as many DIS'ers as possible!

...just curious, how many are in your party? I'm just wondering if since we only have 3 in our party that there might be a lesser chance we might get upgraded. I'm just guessing that if DCL is going to upgrade someone to a 4, would they only consider rooms with 4 passengers??

We currently have a CAT 6 and are very happy with that, not expecting an upgrade ... just curious if the number of persons might have some bearing on DCL's decision to upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced an upgrade with 2 or 3 passengers in a room?

Lisa D said:

I enjoyed that view too and won't have it next time. Just remind Dh that he can go and watch from many other nice spots on the ship.

I'm so happy for you! :cool1: :banana: Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :cloud9: PD RULES! :wizard: pixiedust:

MSWint, we are a family of four. My DS's are 13 & 10 - one is as tall as me and the other is close - that's one reason I'm glad for the extra space! Don't give up hope though - I heard from a family on the Cruise Meets forum that were upgraded on a previous cruise, and I believe they were a party of three.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter