So Excited!!! Just Booked Secret Porthole Room!!

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:p Could not decide whether to go on the Wonder at Halloween or go around Christmas with my Cousin and their family??? The "SECRET PORTHOLE ROOM" ;) helped me make my decision. I had been looking at the OCT 26th cruise and room 5020 which has a great view with only a rope and rail was still open and still open and so I thought it must be waiting for me and DD to book it!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: So I did it!!!

I think that room sleeps 4 and so I am working my my Mom and Dad or Aunt and her DS to go along.:p :p :p

Anyone stayed in that room? Is it nice? I saw pictures on Barb's site. The view looked fine to me!!!

All the secret porthole rooms were booked for the 12-7 cruise I was looking at.

Ok, I'm new here. How do you check to see which rooms are available. We are looking at Dec. 7th as well.

Thanks,
Kerianne

FIRST LOOK AT WWW.CASTAWAYCLUB.COM AND YOU CAN VIEW THE ROOMS AND GET THE ROOM #'S. :cool: THEN I GO ON EXPEDIA OR YAHOO TRAVEL AND PULL UP THE DISNEY CRUISE THAT I WANT TO SEE. CHECK RATES AND DATES AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A LIST OF WHAT ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE AND ON WHAT DECKS. THOSE ROOMS ARE ON DECK 5. YOU PAY AN INSIDE RATE AND GET A PORTHOLE!:cool: :cool: :cool:

ONCE I SAW THAT THE 10-26 CRUISE HAD ROOM 5020 AVAILABLE I CALLED MY TA OR YOU CAN CALL DCL AND REQUEST THAT SPECIFIC ROOM. I TOLD MY TA I SAW IT OUT THERE AND SURE ENOUGH SHE GOT IT BOOKED FOR ME!!;)

DEC 7 CRUISE HAD NONE LEFT-THAT CRUISE IS PRETTY FULL ALREADY??? MY COUSINS ARE ON THAT CRUISE.

GOOD LUCK

I'm happy for you! We tried to get one at 11 months out, but 5520 and 5020 were already booked. One of the adjoiners was available, but we didn't want one of those.

Have fun!
Tina

Congrats and take good care of it; my family and several in-laws have 5020, 5022 & 5024 on the 11/6/03 3-day!

we're staying in 5022 and 5024 in three weeks and I can't wait! Were you happy with those rooms, manchurianbrownbear?

to anyone else out there who is looking for a particular SPR... Many TAs will be happy to put you on 'waitlist' for one, and sometimes it does come thru!

We are looking forward to 5520 !!!!

FYI...all of those secret porthole rooms sleep 4. (I checked when I booked 5020 for my May 29th 2004 cruise!

I just checked my reservation and asked about those rooms and it looks like the savings is $100 from cat. 9. Is this correct? Are these better than cat. 9 or the same (location, amenities)? I appreciate your help since we booked onboard (cat 9) and I'll lose my $100 onboard credit if I change. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to change or even any reason to.

Michelle,

I have a really cute picture from 5020 if you want me to send it to ya. I thought it was a good room ((and view) and unfortunately we couldn't snag it for our upcoming trip. We liked that deck too so this time we booked a deluxe oceanview on 5. Think the only difference will be no ob$tructed view and $$$ but we'll see in a few weeks.

We were in 5520 for our Oct. cruise on the Magic. It's an absolutely wonderful room. The obstruction is minimal and the room sleeps 4 and has the split bath. It's exactly like 5020 except it's on the other side of the ship. Deck 5 is an excellent deck to be on. There are only other cabins above you so no noise and these secret porthole rooms are close to the elevators. The kids clubs are on this deck but the rooms are far enough away that it's not noisy at all. We were lucky enough to get rooms 5022 and 5024 for our Oct. cruise this year. We're going with our son and his family (their first time - our fifth) and we're very excited. I think you'll love room 5020. For the price, you can't beat it.

I read alot about DCL changing your room, Can you request that you not be changed, whn booking a SPR or else you may get a real inside cabin.

Kasar,

I would keep the Category 9 that you have. The only difference between the two is that the Cat 10 SPR are on Deck 5. I found the Deck 2 location just fine.

You will enjoy it!!

Vicki

Tink Fans,

You can e-mail me that picture if you like. Thanks so much!!:p

Thanks for all the info on the rooms everyone. My Aunt found out I booked 5020 and there was one more room left. I think 5520 and she called and booked that one!;) We are so happy!!!

Mjasp,
I have heard of room changes,but not to often. I think you are usually in the room assigned and if you request a specific room they try and accomodate. I will keep my fingers crossed for no changes. It is so tough to find those rooms open and so I want it.
I love deck 5 and it is the perfect location and the price is so WONDERful!!!

I also called yesterday and booked two nights at WDW at the All Star Movies "TOY STORY" building. I figure Halloween is a pretty busy time at WDW. I better get our rooms reserved. Aunt want to stay at the ASM,but I told her if discount codes come out and rates are good for AKL we are going to try that resort. Sometimes they have awesome rate at AKL.;)

I just love all this planning...........Half the fun!!!!:cool: :)

We had room 5020 on the Magic this past Halloween. I loved it!! The room was great, the view was great and the location was great!! The only problem we had was the bathroom floor had water coming up through it, so halfway through our cruise they wanted to fix it and offered to move us to a new room. They wanted to move us just down the hall to the same type of room(just a window) and my husband said "If we are going to go through the trouble of packing all of our stuff up and moving halfway through our cruise, you need to offer us something better". And they did, we were moved to a cat 4 on deck 8!!

But, putting all that aside, I will always try to get one of the secret porthole rooms from here on in! They are well worth it.

Dena

Dena,

Glad you liked the room. How was cruising at Halloween time? We will be on from Oct 26 thru the 30th. Then we will be in WDW for Halloween night. Do they still have Halloween stuff going on that whole week?:rolleyes:

Sounds like you guys are pretty easy going.... That is the best way to be. It turned out well with the upgrade anyway. ;)

Did you have good weather at the end of October? We were on the Wonder 11-3-02 and had great weather.

Are you on the Wonder or the Magic for your next Halloween cruise? Sorry so many questions?:D :D :D :D :D

We will be there 4/5/03 and are quite excited to have secured that room! Glad to hear everyone has enjoyed it. I wonder what percentage of passengers is the secret porthole rooms are DISers..I bet it is high!

Kendall,

It is is funny cause my TA who has booked cruises through Cruise only agency for years had no idea about those rooms. So I brought her the information from Barb's site "wwwcastawayclub.com". She could not believe it! When she called DCL for me to book they told her that it was not true and that those rooms don't have windows. I told her DCL will not always admit to the fact they have the windows.:p :p Is that not funny??? We all know they exist!!;) ;) ;) ;) I love these boards.

They make planning fun and simplify your trip. Heck with all the info I found on these boards I felt right at home on the ship!;)

Have a good trip and take care of my future room!

BABYJOSIE98, you'll have to work hard to avoid my family this fall! We're arriving at WDW 10/31 and have requested the Woody Building in the Toy Story complex at ASM and then taking a 3-day cruise on the Wonder beginning 11/6. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter