So disappointed with Plaza breakfast!

SmallWorldSoCal

Earning My Ears
Went to Minnie & Friends character breakfast on Thursday. Did this in May on Memorial Day weekend and had a good experience but this time was awful!

1. All of the tables were wet from the rain the night before. I asked if a heating lamp could be turned on and they said no. I asked if we could be inside or on the porch, they said they do not allow that for walk-ins. But we had a reservation. They still wouldn’t let us and we had to sit at a table on wet chairs.

2. Why are those tables so close together?! Everyone had to stand up and move to let people back in with their food and characters couldn’t even fit through so people were being skipped or having to get up and go over to them.

3. The woman working the Mickey waffle station was so spaced out. It was a challenge to get a waffle and she seemed extremely bothered.

4. Lines to get food were so so so so so long.

5. Minnie didn’t show up until a little after 8am. Is that normal? There was a line of people waiting for their picture with her which we chose to bypass and come back later. Glad we did that because we arrived for our 7:40am reservation and folks were waiting until after 8!

6. Food was cold.

Sorry just had to vent because I was so disappointed! Skip this and go to Goofy’s or Paradise Pier instead.

That sounds like a terrible experience. The single worst experience we ever had there was when we were seated outside. Fingers crossed that we will be seated inside when we're there next week!

Sorry, that does sound awful! I’m sure it wasn’t cheap either! It’s unbelievable that they didn’t even dry off the tables and chairs.

That sounds like a terrible experience. The single worst experience we ever had there was when we were seated outside. Fingers crossed that we will be seated inside when we're there next week!

Come back and let me know how it is! I’m crossing my fingers for you!

This makes me nervous :guilty:Have a reservation next month. Never done a character meal at DL. I remember also reading a not so good review from someone over the summer. Hope it isn’t awful when I go. If it is, I’ll for sure send in a complaint.

Oh man, I'm so on the fence about this meal. I have reservations, mainly because I want to do a character meal and everything I read says this is the best one, but my gut keeps telling me to do Storytellers Cafe. The characters seem so random and the food seems like nothing special. Add shoddy service to the mix and it hardly seems worth it.

Yikes that sounds terrible. I’ve been a dozen times (always with reservations) & never once was seated outside or had to wait ages for Minnie...but we never go that early. We tend to book the latest breakfast possible because we’d rather sleep in than be role drop zombies. So that might be why our experiences were so different.

That really sucks. We went this time last year and it was a blast. Good was great and the interaction was a blast. Didn’t plan on one this year with just the wife and I but wow that’s terrible

We have been many times. Once on every trip. We still love it, with the exception of that one visit when we were seated outside. Inside is a beautiful victorian setting, and getting to see so many characters in such a short time is a real treat. I just don't care much about the food at character meals. Eggs, bacon, some sort of potatoes. I don't expect the food to be amazing. So I guess that's why I'm not disappointed!

You typically get 3 of the 4 characters you would find at Crystal Palace, but then you get 5 or 6 more. It's the most bang for your character meal buck you'll find these days.

Oh man, I'm so on the fence about this meal. I have reservations, mainly because I want to do a character meal and everything I read says this is the best one, but my gut keeps telling me to do Storytellers Cafe. The characters seem so random and the food seems like nothing special. Add shoddy service to the mix and it hardly seems worth it.
The characters aren’t completely random. There are always some from Pooh Bear.

But as another poster says...it was a 1 & done for us. We were celebrating an adoption. I love our photos from when our kids were babies. Now our youngest is super scared of them so...no push for us to do any character meals.

Yes, the food is meh. This breakfast always has the most characters though. And if you book the earliest slot you can slip into the parks early on early entry days.

We have been many times. Once on every trip. We still love it, with the exception of that one visit when we were seated outside. Inside is a beautiful victorian setting, and getting to see so many characters in such a short time is a real treat. I just don't care much about the food at character meals. Eggs, bacon, some sort of potatoes. I don't expect the food to be amazing. So I guess that's why I'm not disappointed!

You typically get 3 of the 4 characters you would find at Crystal Palace, but then you get 5 or 6 more. It's the most bang for your character meal buck you'll find these days.
This settles my nerves a little bit. I'm mostly going for the characters..not so much the food. I've seen through the bushes all the adorable characters that are there and can't resist. I've been to DL so many times but have never done a character meal here (I have at WDW's Crystal Palace though).

We did Plaza last year for the first time and awe are doing it this year again because we are gong with a group who loves all the pooh characters, but after this we probably won't do it again for a while. The food is normal breakfast food noting fancy, but you can't beat the amount of characters you get to see. We loved it. the kids loved it. We had a reservation and were seated inside.

It does seem as though they thought you were a walk in and sat you outside. I would have made sure to clear up that you had a reservation and wanted to be inside. I definitely think you should make a complaint if you haven't already.

This settles my nerves a little bit. I'm mostly going for the characters..not so much the food. I've seen through the bushes all the adorable characters that are there and can't resist. I've been to DL so many times but have never done a character meal here (I have at WDW's Crystal Palace though).
Glad it helped! If you have an ADR, just insist on sitting inside. I hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!