SO Disappointed In Disney's Early Check-In Now...

ok i am confused.
i had decided to do early check in, so i could just go straight to MK & head back over to the campground later in the day to camp. i already gave them my loop preference. sooo IF i do early check in, that is all out the window? I have to actually go to checkin at the fort? my site wasnt ready last year, so they just sent me a message where it was & we went directly to it ( but we did check in the fort that morning)
i did not want to waste time going to the fort in the morning. but don't want to wait until after 3:00 to check in
so what to do? I requested loop 100, (got 200 the last 2 times we were there,even asking for 100) the worst we can get is 300,, but would really not like that one.

I guess we'll show up and ask for a different site if the one we are assigned isn't what we want

1) The earlier you show, the better the chances, even on a holiday.
2) The front desk CM can EASILY switch you with another person.
3) This is done DAILY at every resort.

ok i am confused.
i had decided to do early check in, so i could just go straight to MK & head back over to the campground later in the day to camp. i already gave them my loop preference. sooo IF i do early check in, that is all out the window? I have to actually go to checkin at the fort? my site wasnt ready last year, so they just sent me a message where it was & we went directly to it ( but we did check in the fort that morning)
i did not want to waste time going to the fort in the morning. but don't want to wait until after 3:00 to check in
so what to do? I requested loop 100, (got 200 the last 2 times we were there,even asking for 100) the worst we can get is 300,, but would really not like that one.

muffyn,

I guess you can still do the early check-in, get your text with the site assignment, and then just drive in to it after your day at MK if you:

1. Don't owe anything before arrival
2. Use the early check-in option

My gripe with #1 is that I have a room only reservation and DON'T want to leave a credit card on my Magic Band/MDE account for incidentals during my stay. I guess you could put in the CC for charges and they might use that to charge any remaining balance due right before get to your arrival day. I simply don't know. There is also no longer an online means to make a payment against your balance due before you arrive which there used to be. Now you have to call the reservation line and give your CC number to a CM over the phone.

Like you I have already given Disney my loop request (over the phone to the reservation CM again) but that feature used to be part of the early check-in as I showed. So I'm miffed that some of the functionality we once had has been taken away from us (and doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon).

So my thought is you can make it work for you but it's not as smooth as it used to be. They should still have your loop request and will attempt to honor it when it comes time to make your assignment. That is if you have no balance due or leave a CC as part of MDE's early check-in.

Bama Ed

PS - if I am wrong someone feel free to correct what I said.

I always loved that I could hop online and make payments against my balance anytime. That really SUCKS that they took it out of MDE.

How would early check in and choosing a site work when they're putting up a tent for me? I did give them a credit card number on the phone, so I'm hoping I can get a text and just go directly to my set-up tent site, and they'll just charge my credit card on file for the rental tent/cots. We're only there one night and I don't want to waste my precious FW time doing in-person check in.

How would early check in and choosing a site work when they're putting up a tent for me? I did give them a credit card number on the phone, so I'm hoping I can get a text and just go directly to my set-up tent site, and they'll just charge my credit card on file for the rental tent/cots. We're only there one night and I don't want to waste my precious FW time doing in-person check in.

Well, MalkaR,

You still need to do the early check-in to get your text with the site assignment I think. The CC you gave might have been just for the fee for the tent. The one night campsite fee is covered by your deposit so you owe no money. Even in the new check-in method, you can advise Disney of the time you will be ready to check in but they will send you your text most likely when the site is ready, the tent is set up, and THEN they send you the text.

If you don't do the early check-in option, you will have to stop at the Gateway lobby (the check-in building) to find out your site assignment. Since they have to set up the tent for you, I don't know that it will be actually be ready early before 1pm if it's a busy time at the Fort. If they put you on a site that was empty the previous night, the Fort CM's would have plenty of time to get your tent set up.

So IMO to get a text with your site assignment and drive straight in, you need to have done the early check-in.

Bama Ed

Well, MalkaR,

You still need to do the early check-in to get your text with the site assignment I think. The CC you gave might have been just for the fee for the tent. The one night campsite fee is covered by your deposit so you owe no money. Even in the new check-in method, you can advise Disney of the time you will be ready to check in but they will send you your text most likely when the site is ready, the tent is set up, and THEN they send you the text.

If you don't do the early check-in option, you will have to stop at the Gateway lobby (the check-in building) to find out your site assignment. Since they have to set up the tent for you, I don't know that it will be actually be ready early before 1pm if it's a busy time at the Fort. If they put you on a site that was empty the previous night, the Fort CM's would have plenty of time to get your tent set up.

So IMO to get a text with your site assignment and drive straight in, you need to have done the early check-in.

Bama Ed
Thank you for the info! We're so excited!

I will say, though, after the last trip, I really DON'T want the 500 loop (for a couple of reasons).
I guess we just need to make sure we put our requests in on our reservations and then call 2 weeks ahead of time to make sure they are still on there.

Peg, can you elaborate on why you dislike 500 so much? We had been leaning towards that loop and I'd love your feed back.

So mostly, it has to do with the Comfort Station. Essentially, there is ONE comfort station shared between 4 loops

500Loop.jpg
While there is some cross over, the location of the CS for the 500 loop is "Convenient" to the 400, 500, 600 and 700 loops. Looking at surrounding loops and their CS locations, there is a much better "Distribution" of the CS for those other locations. Given that each CS seems to have 3 shower stalls, and 2 toilet stalls (at least for the men), that's a lot of users for such a few amount of stalls. (I assume the women's bathroom may have 3 as guys also have 2 urinals). So if you used the CS for the 500 loop, chances are it was crowded. Same for the laundry. The laundry rooms only have 4 washers and 6 dryers. It's a lot to try and get to use.

Since our site was closer to the "Exit" of the 500 loop, it was much easier and certainly more convenient to use the CS for the 300 loop for Showers, toilets and Laundry.

Also while we were there last (not that it's an issue with the loop) there was a "CREW" that apparently had several sites together and felt that they could party all they wanted. That didn't bother me as we were far enough away that we didn't hear them. What bothered me more is that every time you drove around the loop, the kids were everywhere and made no effort to allow traffic to go through (not that we were racing). PLUS the people looked at you as you drove by with the view that "How dare you drive through the middle of our party". All they cared about was their party. Thankfully they left by the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Lastly, the sites just didn't seem to be as "Clean" or as well maintained as the others. Maybe that was just us, or perhaps it was how busy it was (it was, after all right around Thanksgiving). I would stay there if that was all I had to choose from, but Personally, I liked 1400 the best of the sites we had. (Our site was 1401).

Again, the biggest issue for use was the location/availability of our CS for the 500 loop. We made it work by going to a different one though.

So mostly, it has to do with the Comfort Station. Essentially, there is ONE comfort station shared between 4 loops

View attachment 211800
While there is some cross over, the location of the CS for the 500 loop is "Convenient" to the 400, 500, 600 and 700 loops. Looking at surrounding loops and their CS locations, there is a much better "Distribution" of the CS for those other locations. Given that each CS seems to have 3 shower stalls, and 2 toilet stalls (at least for the men), that's a lot of users for such a few amount of stalls. (I assume the women's bathroom may have 3 as guys also have 2 urinals). So if you used the CS for the 500 loop, chances are it was crowded. Same for the laundry. The laundry rooms only have 4 washers and 6 dryers. It's a lot to try and get to use.

Since our site was closer to the "Exit" of the 500 loop, it was much easier and certainly more convenient to use the CS for the 300 loop for Showers, toilets and Laundry.

Also while we were there last (not that it's an issue with the loop) there was a "CREW" that apparently had several sites together and felt that they could party all they wanted. That didn't bother me as we were far enough away that we didn't hear them. What bothered me more is that every time you drove around the loop, the kids were everywhere and made no effort to allow traffic to go through (not that we were racing). PLUS the people looked at you as you drove by with the view that "How dare you drive through the middle of our party". All they cared about was their party. Thankfully they left by the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Lastly, the sites just didn't seem to be as "Clean" or as well maintained as the others. Maybe that was just us, or perhaps it was how busy it was (it was, after all right around Thanksgiving). I would stay there if that was all I had to choose from, but Personally, I liked 1400 the best of the sites we had. (Our site was 1401).

Again, the biggest issue for use was the location/availability of our CS for the 500 loop. We made it work by going to a different one though.

Thank you Peg for the fast and detailed reply! I've been waffling between the 500/800/900 loop idea. I had requested 500 due to the length and size of sites, proximity to main area, and nearness to dog park. The CS won't be an issue for us and I plan on asking not to be too near one due to traffic. It's just my husband and I on our first solo trip without our kids.

The 800 loop is attracting me due to the dog walk area behind. Our lab will love the dog park, but our Jack Russel is a bit of a grump to other dogs. We travel frequently and I'm darn near an expert and circumventing her little dog issues.

They could probably put us out behind the dumpster and have me scrub toilets. I'm so excited to be at the fort!

muffyn,

I guess you can still do the early check-in, get your text with the site assignment, and then just drive in to it after your day at MK if you:

1. Don't owe anything before arrival
2. Use the early check-in option

My gripe with #1 is that I have a room only reservation and DON'T want to leave a credit card on my Magic Band/MDE account for incidentals during my stay. I guess you could put in the CC for charges and they might use that to charge any remaining balance due right before get to your arrival day. I simply don't know. There is also no longer an online means to make a payment against your balance due before you arrive which there used to be. Now you have to call the reservation line and give your CC number to a CM over the phone.

Like you I have already given Disney my loop request (over the phone to the reservation CM again) but that feature used to be part of the early check-in as I showed. So I'm miffed that some of the functionality we once had has been taken away from us (and doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon).

So my thought is you can make it work for you but it's not as smooth as it used to be. They should still have your loop request and will attempt to honor it when it comes time to make your assignment. That is if you have no balance due or leave a CC as part of MDE's early check-in.

Bama Ed

PS - if I am wrong someone feel free to correct what I said.

hi, thanks.
it is only for one night, so it has been paid for. I am not using my magc bands for any purchases, so I guess I am good to go??
I just really want 1st 100 loop & 2nd 200 loop.
so you think I'll be ok with the early check in? can i call them throughout the morning to check?
my parking should be ok, right - tied to my magic band?

muffyn,

As long as you use the Early Check-in option in MDE and advise of your arrival time, you should get a text with your site assignment. You mention loop 100/200 so you must have reserved a Preferred and since you DIDN'T indicate a pet apparently, they won't give you 300.

I've never heard of calling to check in.

Parking is tied to your MB and resort reservation if paired properly in MDE.

If you have a priority to your loop preference as you seem to say, (100 first and if not 100 then 200) you need to have that noted on your reservation (call the Disney reservation number and ask to have that noted on your reservation). If you don't tell Disney in some way, they have no way of knowing in advance that you have a preference for one loop over the other.

If you don't use Early check-in in MDE, then the Fort will expect you to drive up at some time (likely after 1pm) to physically check in and get your assignment. I check in this coming Monday and did NOT use Early check-in so I will get the lobby experience early Monday morning.

Bama Ed

We are going to go to our 3rd disney trip we went the first time in 2014 and last year in 2016. Now the first time we went in 2014 we tried the online check in it did not work. We had to go to the desk to get check in. Now last year was so nice. We did online check in, and that morning before we left for our flight it text me our room number and location. It was so nice not having to stop at front desk. That when the magical express bus drop us off we got our mugs and went straight to our room. We got their about 1030pm it was nice. I hope it works this next time but this time we are getting there a little earlier.

I have read through the whole thread and I'm confused on if I should use early check-in or not :confused3 . I'm not too worried about which loop we are in since we are tent camping at a partial (although I would love loop 1500 since its close to the playground), but we are planning on arriving at 7/8am. Should I do the early check-in so I can let them know we are going to be early arrivers?

Thanks.

I have read through the whole thread and I'm confused on if I should use early check-in or not :confused3 . I'm not too worried about which loop we are in since we are tent camping at a partial (although I would love loop 1500 since its close to the playground), but we are planning on arriving at 7/8am. Should I do the early check-in so I can let them know we are going to be early arrivers?

Thanks.

While you can arrive that early, be aware that the new check in time is 3pm, so be prepared that your site may not be ready until late in the day. Our site last year, which had 11 am check in before the change, was not ready until about 3pm, and that was in Feb at a slow time.

While you can arrive that early, be aware that the new check in time is 3pm, so be prepared that your site may not be ready until late in the day. Our site last year, which had 11 am check in before the change, was not ready until about 3pm, and that was in Feb at a slow time.

I knew it was possible it wouldn't be ready that early, I read that they can not guarantee it ready early even if using the online check-it. But if I do the online check-in won't I get a text with my site info and then get another text when my site is ready? I've read so much these past 2 days I might be mixing things up that I read. :surfweb:

On the original post to this thread the second picture shows the new early check in page. You have to click on 'details' in the top right corner of that box and all available options will be revealed. hope this helps.

On the original post to this thread the second picture shows the new early check in page. You have to click on 'details' in the top right corner of that box and all available options will be revealed. hope this helps.

I was just going to type the same thing. You have to click show details and then all the choices are shown which you can then change.

I just checked in at T-20 and after clicking show details only had the following options to select from:

Accommodates Fifth-Wheel Trailer
Accommodates Fold-Out Awning
Upper Floor
Near Transportation
Pet Loop ($5/night, subject to change; due at check-in)
Accommodates Slide Out​

I could pick two of the options and there was also a check box with the following text:

Arriving early? Check here if having your room ready for early arrival is a higher priority than any of the requests you have selected.​

So wondering if they made another change or if at a certain T-XX they switch to this more limited option set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter