SO disappointed about ADRs- advice needed

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by meggiebeth, May 9, 2013.

  1. meggiebeth

    meggiebeth WDW, DLR & DLP enthusiast

    Aug 1, 2011
    We called up to make our ADRs 180 days in advance and there is NO Be Our Guest availability at all! For the entire duration of our stay- 12 days!!! I am terribly disappointed. But in disbelief that every single day would book up within hours of being available.

    Is there any likelihood that more availability will come up? I was really looking forward to this restaurant :(

    Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
  2. tluvstink

    tluvstink DIS Veteran

    May 27, 2006
    Right now BOG is the toughest ADR to get. I would keep trying because you never know when something will open up

    Good luck!!

  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. lovin'fl

    lovin'fl DIS Veteran

    Jun 7, 2011
    When you made your ADRs, you could do 180 days out plus 10...your stay is 12 days. Did you try back the following 2 days from the original 180?

    BOG is tough to get. I've been following the threads because it's one that my family wanted for our Dec trip (but we will be a party of 15, so I think I need to forget about BOG). I have heard folks getting ADRs at various points after the 180 day window (like Disney opens bookings along the way and not just all at 180+10). So, keep trying. We'll, maybe, try to walk up for CS lunch there.
  5. sjv919

    sjv919 Mouseketeer

    Jul 24, 2012
    Keep trying!! People constantly change their plans and cancel. We had to change our dates and it took me a few days of obsessive refreshing until I got lucky enough with an ADR on our day and even the time we wanted! And just a few minutes ago I coordinated with another DISer canceling the one we didn't need anymore to cancel at the time she could try to snag it.

    Odds are in your favor that within the next six months something will pop up at one point or another!
  6. zabache

    zabache DIS Veteran

    Apr 4, 2013
    I will be going in August to WDW. Until a few weeks ago I didn't know about DISBoards, ADR's and the 180 day mark.
    That being said I quickly found out that BOG is the toughest ADR to get. I searched every day, multiple times a day for every day of our trip and nothing was ever available. A few days ago though I did get an opening for our first day of our trip.
    I think you still have time and hopefully something will open up.
  7. Tarheel Mom

    Tarheel Mom Mouseketeer

    May 16, 2011
    I too am curious about whether you were able to book with the 180 + 10 days rule? My 180th day is coming up in a couple weeks and I am soooo hoping to get a BoG reservation. I've got a couple days I'm trying to get including my 11th day so maybe I'll be able to get something.
  8. MumsyHopkins

    MumsyHopkins Earning My Ears

    May 22, 2011
    Keeping trying! I'm leaving for Disney Sunday and after trying and trying for a few weeks, I was able to get a reservation for Sunday night!!!!

    If I could do it, so can you!!!!
  9. jmcghee2024

    jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

    Nov 17, 2012
    What dates? How big is your party? If it's a big party, you might have better luck splitting in 2 smaller groups.
  10. ElizabethG

    ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

    Oct 28, 2009
    You didn't say if you were staying onsite. If you were calling everyday for exactly 180 days out the availability didn't disappear within hours. They were probably already gone.

    I recently made my BOG ADR 180 days from check-in for day 6 of our trip (so, 186 days from ADR time) without any problems. I got my desired day and time. This restaurant seems to be booking up before 180 days out right now.

    I would say to keep trying. It doesn't hurt.
  11. Reese D

    Reese D Mouseketeer

    Jan 11, 2013
    We booked our trip under the 180 day mark. I was able to get 2 ADRs for BOG. I just kept checking every day, sometimes a few times a day, and something opened up.

    Keep checking. Especially in the 45 day range. A lot of people start to firm up their plans and make cancelations.
  12. Disney_Princess83

    Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

    Feb 11, 2007
    Keep trying! We managed to get 2 BOG reservations for our trip. Just feel checking and you might be able to get a reservation. People cancel or change their plans. It's the toughest reservation to get.
  13. TDC Nala

    TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

    Jun 22, 2001
    Please don't post requests or offers to transfer restaurant reservations - that's not allowed on the Restaurant boards because WDW says that the reservations are not transferable. On the Reservations board you'll find cancellation threads, where readers post the cancellations they make and you can try and grab one.
  14. imthegoose

    imthegoose Galactic Hero

    Dec 10, 2007
    I'm going at the end of August. At my 180 day mark I tried making reservations at BOG for 180+10. Nothing was available. I found out that no reservations were actually made yet in the system. It's possible that BOG did not release their times. I stalked the boards here constantly since then. When posts came in that people were getting reservations, I was able to grab a 6:30 time at like the 170 day mark.

    Just keep trying to make the reservation and I'm sure you'll eventually get it. It's impossible for the restaurant to be booked at 180+10 so there has to be a reason for that.
  15. GoofySon'sMom

    GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

    Oct 11, 2007
    Definitely keep trying. As others have said, people change plans and different ADRs pop up. But if you are unable to get a dinner reservation, give lunch a try. The restaurant is beautiful. We actually preferred lunch to dinner but we had dinner during a soft open so I think they were working out some kinks.
  16. jenjersnap

    jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

    Sep 18, 2004
    I was unable to book BOG despite getting up at 4 am on our 180+10 day. I tried parties of 5 or 6. Now, I was a bit picky in that I only wanted 4 possible days within that time frame, but a couple were at the very end of the trip. I will keep trying but, honestly, the mania has passed, ŁOL. I am thinking if it is meant to be, it will, and lunch looks fine.
  17. Minnesota!

    Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

    Sep 15, 1999
    I had no problem scoring a few BOG for our upcoming trip in August. I booked them, sat on them, and then decided I ws sick of the over-hype and wanted no part of it. So I cancelled all of them...
  18. TDC Nala

    TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

    Jun 22, 2001
    I booked one in August as well and cancelled it when the timing didn't work out. So they do get cancelled.
  19. Donna in NJ

    Donna in NJ Mouseketeer

    Jul 31, 2012
    Because of my husband job I only know six weeks in advance when I can schedule or vacation. We went in July 3 years ago and October the last 2 years. The October trips were during free dining. Everyone said we would not get what we wanted with such short notice. Even with booking ADR six weeks before our trip I have always gotten every restaurant we wanted. I have ate at every Signature restaurant. Last year when we went people were saying they could not get Ohana and Lunch at Le Cellier. I checked several times a day and had no problem getting either. You have 180 days until your trip for some to cancel. I would not worry as you get closer people change there plans and ADR open up.

Share This Page