So confused!

cemgal53

Earning My Ears
We are taking our 3 daughters, 1 son in law, 1 boyfriend and 2 grandchildren to Disney in April! So excited! We had booked 3 rooms at Pop but have just discovered that there is an additional Disney Visa discount...making a moderate more affordable. SO! POFQ does not do the big 30 percent discount but PORS does. POFQ is our favorite resort due to size and theming. Should we go with PORS for a $1000 difference from Pop? Or stick with what we have and use the money for 'fun' stuff? Thanks for your input!

I am in almost the same boat so I will be watching this thread very carefully. We were booked at AoA, but when the Visa discount came out it wouldn't apply to those rooms. Now with the savings we can afford to stay at POR, or we could get some money back and stay at POP. Right now we are booked at POR so I would like to hear some opinions on this as well.

PORS, has a water slide, which can be a big plus if you are going to spend a lot of time at the resort. They also have the boat ride to downtown Disney. If you plan on spendng more time at the parks, like I do, I go with the value resorts, the extra $1000 will come in handy spoiling your children with gifts and snacks.

POR is our fav resort, mansion section. It has a lot to offer with beautiful grounds, nice main pool and quiet pools, boat to DTD, evening family entertainment in the lounge, good food court, hot tub, queen beds, 2 sinks, coffee maker and fridge. Rooms have been recently been refurbed.

I think POR is a beautiful place to stayl, and we will be staying there in March. We stayed at a value last summer (DH didn't go), and the kids are looking forward to the water slide like a previous poster mentioned. That said, I would probably rather stay at POP and use the $1000 for fun stuff. We don't spend a lot of time at the hotel, so I'm sure that makes a big difference.

I have read that new room only discounts are supposed to be coming out for the general public on 1/3/13. You may want to wait until that date to make your decision because POP may be included on that discount making the difference bigger than $1K (unless there is a concern about the visa discounted rooms booking up).

Thanks for the input! Still undecided....stayed one night at PORS on a previous trip and though the resort is beautiful....it was a LONG hike to the room and then back for breakfast and the pool. Fine for adults but we will have an 8 year old and a 10 month old. The $1000 is the difference between the DV rate for Pop and PORS. Need to decide BEFORE offer opens to public so that we can be sure and get what we want. :hourglass

I have stayed at POP four times and love it. But, earlier this month I stayed at POR for the first time. This was my first solo trip and I really wanted to take advantage of the boat to DTD so I spent the extra money. And I have no regrets. I loved POR. But I got lucky and they upgraded me to a preferred room so I was close to everything. I'm not sure how I would have felt if I was placed in a more distant location. POR is much more spread out than POP. But $1000 is a lot of money and if I were you, I would stay at POP and use it for other things - like food.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter