So are you impressed with the NEW dvcmember.com?

So are you impressed with the NEW dvcmember.com?

• Yes! Very impressed! It's so pretty.

• Eh. It's only satisfactory.

• No. Bored now. What a pointless site "upgrade".

• Are you kidding? It's just as bad as before, if not worse.

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
<font face="times" size="+0">Well, I'll save my comments 'till after I see some of the poll results... actually, the whole thing was so anticlimactic, I'm not sure I have much more to say. :rolleyes:

Until late 2005 then...

(To view the Poll results without voting, click here )</font>

I voted satisfactory as an overall response. I love the site improvements - its finally got a look and feel equal to WDW site.

But I wish they would have rolled out functional enhancements. If Fredrickson and Caskbill can create such great tools in their spare time, then Disney technology department should be able to do the same and scale that functionality to the demands of the DVC site. Those tools plus real time online reservation capability should have been part of the roll out. It is not as if they need to figure out how to do it. The knowledge already exists.

Possibly they do not have the budget to do this.

It won't even let me register, I tried 3-4 user names and everytime it comes back as being used,

Give me a break, it should have taken at least one I used which was an unusual one.

Well, it seems to have essentially the same information as the old site with a makeover in appearance. The countdown clock feature is new. The resort tours are the same as at Disney's main site so there is some consistency across the sites.

I wasn't really expecting anything else so I am not really disappointed. I sort of thought that they would come out with something that looked like the new Disney World site. Regarding great tools for point management, Caskbill's are all I need. I still don't think Disney would ever bother trying to create something like that...reason being it is not to their financial benefit to have their members managing points extraordinarily well. If someone forgets to bank, Disney wins. I know this is cynical sounding, but I would be really surprised if Disney invested in anything like that.

I was expecting more...but I'm assuming that is in the works and we should see something soon.

I guess it will be more useful late next year. I will not hold my breath.

What I don't understand is LATE 2005 for the account management capabilities. Who is doing their IT work? Must be some lazy people.

<font face="times" size="+0">I was browsing the site some more last night. And even though I kind of like the prettier, more consistent with WDW's site look and feel, I hate the new navigation.

Actually, I don't particularly like the navigation on the new WDW site either. You used to be able to get a page listing the park hours all on one page, but now you have to click to get each park's listing separately. Anyway, back to the DVC page.

It doesn't make any sense how you can click on "Perks" under the different resorts, but then they just repeat the same long list of Perks that you can access from a different area of the site. You would think that they'd isolate the Perks that are specific to the resort.

Also, because they limited the content to that tiny column in the middle of the page, you have to scroll down forever to see the whole page. And that's always a big no-no in web design. You don't want to the user to have to scroll too much. *sigh*

Plus, it seems to me that they've taken away content, such as the online version of the Member Guidebook. So things we used to reference, like how many towels are supposed to be in each DVC unit... that info is now gone.

They just hyped this whole thing up too much. :rolleyes: I mean, it's not like I got my hopes up 'cause I already knew it was unrealistic to think they were going to add the functionality we all have been wanting. But I didn't anticipate that they would make some things <i>worse</i>. :mad: And that is why I'm annoyed.</font>

I was so excited/impressed that thepiostcards with my login name and password are still sitting on my kitchen counter and i havent even logged in yet! Until they have some real reservation/ points management tools its all pretty useless to me!

Was this worth the cost of the two mailings??? I hope they don't figure out a way to make us pay for them...:(

I'm not voting yet because I can't get logged in. I've had to email MS to find out when they think my b'day is. Being such a Disney nut, maybe I'm not as old as my license says I am !!!!
What is it that they say? "You're as young as you feel"????

At the old site you could at least view a brief discription of some of the World Passport Destinations. Not here, they tell you to call them. How is this better?

Disney seems to have hired "web designers" who are doing their job well. But they apparently forgot to hire anybody who is concerned with providing content or ease of use or accessibility of information.

I logged in on Tuesday (the first day) and I thought it was terribly S-L-O-W via broadband! I also thought that it wasn't worth the investment on Disney's part just to put a "fancier" (not really) Member Guidebook online (which I feel is what it is). I thought it would have tangable vacation and point management capabilities which it does not. I mean, if you can access programs online like Fitday (fitness and calorie calculator) and even pay bills why is Disney having such a hard time providing a *real* account management tool? I am extremely disappointed!!!!

I think the over all apperance is more in keeping with the Disney feel. However the content is weak. I really want a way to track my points and reservations and manage them. I would love to be able to check availability for the resorts online. Reservations would be nice too, but as a fomer Res agent ( for a hawaii wholesaler), I know it can be a problem (for DVC) to give access to booking things online. I really would have like more indepth on the exchange resorts or links to them.

I too tried over and over to log into the system. Then, I realized the first page requires the user name and password you may have created when registering on any Disney owned site. If you don't already have one, you have to register. Then...

Once you make it past the first screen, there is a long form that comes up (will be populated with whatever information you had given previous when registering) that has a couple fields for the username and password sent to you by DVC. That's where that information goes - not on the first screen you see.

Good luck! Oh, and I was not impressed with site. The only addition I saw was a nice way to do a trip countdown. The rest was just asthetic changes with the same information as the old site. Nothing new : (

ArRzrbk a.k.a. Char

I too tried over and over to log into the system. Then, I realized the first page requires the user name and password you may have created when registering on any Disney owned site. If you don't already have one, you have to register. Then...

Once you make it past the first screen, there is a long form that comes up (will be populated with whatever information you had given previous when registering) that has a couple fields for the username and password sent to you by DVC. That's where that information goes - not on the first screen you see.

Good luck! Oh, and I was not impressed with site. The only addition I saw was a nice way to do a trip countdown. The rest was just asthetic changes with the same information as the old site. Nothing new : (

ArRzrbk a.k.a. Char

Glad to read all the responses. I thought I was the only one who could not log in. After 3 tries on 3 different days I finally had to call MS to hlp me log in.

What a bunch of nothing. I am not sure it was worth all the money. If it is not interactive why waste the money

I will wait to see what the upgrades are before passing judgement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter