• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, anyone planning a November 2007 trip yet?

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
I am trying to talk dh into a trip in November, 2007. Both our kids have birthdays in November, and we hope to have a new baby by then, too (We are hoping to adopt again)
Everyone says stay away from Veteran's Day. Of course, Veteran's Day weekend is the weekend between my kids' bdays. But we will do our best to avoid that weekend. I don't mind crowds, but "filled to capacity" is certainly not our cup of tea.
Our trip, if I can talk dh into it, would probably be just 3 days, with, perhaps, 2 character meals included, to help celebrate 2 birthdays. Now, it's my understanding that, likely, it NBC Haunted Mansion may be up still, and that all the holiday lights are likely to be up, for Christmas? Are there any kind of specials that are common during this time? We would likely be staying offsite, as we have had great luck staying offsite, and it's more affordable to us.

Dh is weakening, as he knows what a Disney addict I am! I know he is weakening when he starts saying things like, "It's not going to be 5 days, like our other trips were!" My daughter keeps saying things like, "Next time we go to Disneyland, can we ride Splash Mountain again?"

We are! My husband will be there for a huge conference so I am flying down at the end and we are going to do 2 days at DL without the kids!

I'm planning a driving trip in October 2007, my cousin is getting married in San Jose and I'm hopping dh will agree with me in driving down to DLR for a couple of days. We too will have no kids, as our kids will be 18 & 19 and working/school fulltime, so they will be flying in for the wedding just for the weekend. I think I convinced dh on going as I told him, "I heard" about all the cool halloween decorations they have, and he knows how much I love decorations for every occasion. Last night I got a "that doesn't sound too bad". I'm a princess: he'll agree with me, then I'll quickly buy the park passes so he can't change his mind..... :rotfl:

Secretly, yes I'm planning for Nov 07! Don't tell DH though, because we are goin gin Feb 07 too. I'm hoping to update to AP during our Feb trip, then visiting DL for a couple days before going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving in San Diego.

We'll likely be going mid- Nov. or early Dec of 2007. Haven't made up my mind yet. :) I haven't ran it past DH either, but since he used to work at DL I'm not worried he'll turn me down. :goodvibes

Anyway, yes the NBC decoration will be up. And depending on which days you go, most likely all the holiday decorations too. They start decorating for Xmas the day after Halloween. Usually by Veterans day the whole park is decorated and the tree is up. :thumbsup2 Also (again depending on the days), you might get to see the holiday fireworks. :) They usually start around Veterans day.

As to specials... generally a lot of offsite hotels will run a 4th night free special during that time of year, assuming you're not going during the Thanksgiving week (which I'd avoid like the plague!). Hard to say for sure though since it's so far ahead. But that's what I've noticed the last few years we've gone in the fall/off-season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter