• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

snorkeling?

beckygeez

Mouseketeer
has anyone gone snorkeling in Nassau either through an excursion or on their own? If so, where and would you do it again? My DH wants to book one of the snorkeling excursions but I'm hesitant because I kind of want to shop a little and check out Nassau, possibly check out Atlantis, etc. But I don't want to miss out on good snorkeling either because we both love it. This is the first time our DD15, DS11, and DD7 will be going though, but they're taking a snorkeling class at the fitness club by us so they will be familiar with it.

DH, DD12 and I booked on our own with Stuart Coves in October...it was awesome and I would absolutely do it again. The third stop with the sharks is incredible!!

www.stuartcove.com

I forgot to mention that we did the afternoon tour so we had a couple of hours to shop before we had to be at the meeting point (we even had enough time to run our shopping bags back to the ship).

I just looked at their website and it looks wonderful. Were there a lot of people on the boat? We went on a snorkeling trip in Cozumel and the boat was packed, and they weren't very safe with their rules, etc. I'm not sure I'l actually get in with the sharks but I know my DH would love it! Thank you Jeanne!

We did the catamaran sail and snorkel. It was the first time for my sisters family, they had a ds-7 and dd-12. My niece loved it, in fact I can still hear the giggles!!! My nephew didn't do very well, but he was not very cooperative at this time, if you know what I mean.

We all had a great time.

beckygeez said:
I just looked at their website and it looks wonderful. Were there a lot of people on the boat? We went on a snorkeling trip in Cozumel and the boat was packed, and they weren't very safe with their rules, etc. I'm not sure I'l actually get in with the sharks but I know my DH would love it! Thank you Jeanne!

The boat was full but not overloaded - I would guess maybe 40 or so people (some of them were sitting on the top deck). They had a sign-in sheet that everyone had to sign as they got out of the water - they didn't leave for the next snorkel stop until everyone was signed in (something I always watch for after watching Open Water :scared1: ). I don't know how to explain the feeling of swimming with the sharks...it was the most exhilarating feeling yet I don't know if I would get in the water again with them because it got a little creepy after a few minutes as they started rising from the bottom. But with that said I would definitely tell anyone to try it at least once because it's such a unique experience. My DH chickened out and stayed on the boat - DD12 and I were more brave!! After everyone gets out they spend about 10 minutes throwing bait to the sharks - that is another awesome part of the excursion!! What I'm most disappointed about is that I got it all on video and I accidently taped over all but about 5 seconds of it. :sad1: I do have one or two underwater pictures of the sharks that came out pretty good - if I knew how to post them on here I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter