Snoring Spouse

deebs

DIS Veteran
How do I deal with a snoring spouse in such small quarters?? Unless I'm asleep before my husband, I can't sleep in the same room as him. Am I allowed to sleep on deck if it gets really bad?

There are some very comfy blue chairs on deck 4, but I don't know how strict they are!!!

Have you tried using the wax ear plugs that you can shape into anything? How about a white noise machine with ear plugs?

Well, if you got a verandah you could sleep well out there! Looks like you're sailing soon, so this suggestion might not work. Put him on a low carb diet! As soon as my DH started a low carb diet, he quit snoring within 3 days! Hard to do on a cruise with all that good food though, so try it when you get home! I had a good year or 2 of no snoring, then this past Xmas he started eating too many carbs again and his snoring started up. So now I am going back to cooking low carb again!

I'm no doc, but from my personal experience....has your spouse had a sleep study for sleep apnea. This is a dangerous condition and snoring is definately a symptom. My DH uses his cpap machine now and we BOTH sleep well.

I agree with the sleep apnea. My husband wouldn't go in, until I told him that if he didn't get it checked out, I was booking two rooms for our trip to WDW. One for him and one for the rest of us. Needless to say, he went in for the sleep study, and his carryone for the trip was his new CPAP machine. It makes a world of difference. All of us sleep better.

LOl!!! I use ear plugs myself and have done for about 4 years, though it took about a year to be able to get them in both ears and be comfortable. Now it is wonderful to shut myself off from everything!!!

I agree w/ encouraging your DH to get a sleep study. I was in the same boat (not being able to sleep unless I fell asleep first). I had been encouraging him for years to get a sleep study, but he didn't take the idea seriously until he saw in the news that a college athlete had actually died from sleep apnea. He now travels w/ his CPAP (breathing machine). It's quieter than a white noise machine & I get to sleep like a log.

My husband has been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and sleeps with a CPAP. But it seems really bulky to carry along - do your DHs take their machines along on cruises?!?!??

My DH does take his along when we cruise. The machine he uses fits in to its own small bag approx 12"x18"x4". P.S. If you fly, it doesn't count against your carry-on allowance, as it is considered medical equipment.

I am looking for some sort of white noise machine...What do you reccomend?
Where can I find one? I have never seen one at Wal mart or anywhere.

Thanks!!

I got mine YEARS ago at Bed, Bath & Beyond! My DD wanted one a while back, and we looked everywhere. The person at Target said they were "seasonal" :confused3 They have a whole bunch on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sound+spa I just have a basic one. It has different sound settings, and aroma therapy, but I never use it. It also comes with a timer. You can leave it on all night, or set the timer for 15, 30, 45, 1 hour shutoff!

It really is a great thing to have, even if your spouse doesn't snore, for noisy hotels, etc. I am a very light sleeper and wake up over anything, and this keeps me staying asleep all night!

My husband has been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and sleeps with a CPAP. But it seems really bulky to carry along - do your DHs take their machines along on cruises?!?!??

Absolutely! He bought a camera bag/backpack that will hold his cpap, his laptop and his camera gear. We cut the carryon from 3 to one. We also take it tent camping. He bought a battery that we take that last a couple of nights. He will not even take a nap without it now.

LOL I thought I was the only one. Ear plugs will only work if the snoring does not vibrate the bed. In our case, I can deal with the snoring on vacation, because I usually do pass out before him.

How do I deal with a snoring spouse in such small quarters?? Unless I'm asleep before my husband, I can't sleep in the same room as him. Am I allowed to sleep on deck if it gets really bad?

Have you considered:

1- medicial aid to correct the problem?
2- demanding 2 staterooms?
3- divorce?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter