sneakers

lrmillen

Mouseketeer
should i pack sneakers for on the cruise. (less than 2 weeks now. yeah!!!) we didn't sign up for any excursions. i was hoping to get away with just sandals. thanks.

Not sure if you're doing 3, 4, or 7 day but if you're going ashore and will be walking around at all you might want to.

I know there are people who are comfortable walking great distances in sandals though and if you're one of those then you're probably ok with the sandals.

Deb

We're on the 7 day eastern magic. we will probably be going ashore. i'm pretty comfy in sandals so i'll probably take that route now. just wasn't sure if there was something i hadn't thought about that would require sneakers. thanks for the reply.

you just need them if you plan on walking (or running )off all the extra calories you will be consuming.
Deck 4 is a quarter mile per lap.

If you're planning on working out on any of the equipment (stairmaster, treadmill, etc), the Vista Spa folks may ask you to wear sneakers.

Or if you're like me...the only thing I want to work on are my frothy drink ordering skills!! (and a really good book!!)

We were on the 7 day western and was glad I brought my sneakers. I found that because of the humidity, the sandals (good ones made for walking) had a tendency to rub the bottom of my toes. Also, if you have rain (hope not) the decks can be a little slippery and the treads on the sneakers help.

I brought my sneakers as well and was glad that I did.

If you plan on doing a lot of walking at the various ports of call you might want to pack them. At times, the walking tended to be rough with no sidewalk. Open sandals would be fine for the beach but might not be the best for walking around the towns.

Hi lrmillen.

we will probably be going ashore. i'm pretty comfy in sandals so i'll probably take that route now. just wasn't sure if there was something i hadn't thought about that would require sneakers.

If you're like me, you won't need any sneakers unless you don't bring 'em...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter