Sneak Peek Of Inside The Remodeled GCH

There are things I like, but more that I don't. Lightly Themed Hyatt now. Thankfully they didn't screw up the lobby.

The lobby has different chairs that don't fit the theming as well. DH ....and the CMs that lead the tour (and I am sure others) don't like them at all.

The lobby has different chairs that don't fit the theming as well. DH ....and the CMs that lead the tour (and I am sure others) don't like them at all.

WHAT THE HECK DISNEY!!!! GRRR... Now I'm going to have to re-take the tour to see what else they screwed up.

Well Phooooey, instead of waiting til next summer, I may have to reschedule four or five days in March to go see for myself what kind of job they did. Supposed to have had some of the finest craftsmen available working on this. Will have to get up early every morning and be at the HearthStone opening for a large Americana so I can go do a detailed examination of this project. Every afternoon I will have to put on the swim trunks to do a proper inspection of the pool areas. Every evening I will have to go into the parks to help unwind from the days stressfull duties. Will have to make sure Disney got it's money worth. I figure this will take at least four or five days. I do not work for Disney, so I can give them an unbiased opinion. Hey, someone needs to do it! Wish me LUCK :laughing:::yes:::wave2:

He is a retired fire fighter and we just relocated back to Southern California in July. His goal is to work for Disneyland fire but needed to get a foot in the door. He is loving it and I won't be shocked if he stays at the Grand and forgoes the other. :lmao:

That sounds like such a dream!!!! I always thought it would be interesting to join security or something.

That sounds like such a dream!!!! I always thought it would be interesting to join security or something.

Yes, he's loving it and we are really enjoying the perks! And now when I visit him at work, I get to hang out in the Grand. :cloud9: Its funny, we have DVC reservations for next weekend. He'll be able to work then come upstairs to sleep. :lmao:Then have breakfast at Storyteller's.

Last edited:
The wife and I both had employment offers from DisneyLand (hers at corp and mine at the park) about fourteen years ago. We wanted to say "Y E S" so bad but, with the cost of housing, daycare for a two year old, and the cost of moving to and living in southern Calif fourteen years ago, we had to decline:sad:. We do enjoy visiting as often as we can :cool1:

I just got back. We had a remodeled room and it was fabulous. I loved it, especially the addition of the couch bed. Great for seating, even better to have an extra bed. The shower was amazing with the exception of the water temp. They've gone to a lower setting for the hottest and I hate that; it wasn't lukewarm but I like a hot hot shower. I assume that wasn't just our room but I'm not sure. Otherwise, the shower was great as there was a large overhead showerhead (which I didn't use) and one on the side as usual. Very large tiled shower with heavy glass door and a bench. Subtle hidden Mickeys on the wallpaper, too! The room decor and furnishings were lovely IMO. Really liked the inlaid wood tree that blended into the wallpaper. I didn't miss the old room at all, other than the water temp. I liked the new coffee bar with Keurig and coffee drawer, and the room was all set up to make things very easy for the guests--lots of drawers, space for suitcases, great wardrobe, wonderful bath vanity with shelves so your things don't get wet.

And here's some Disney Magic! A CM on the 6th floor (concierge area) overheard my sister and me debating what to do about our room. We had been told it would be ready by 3:00 but if we wanted, there was one that was ready but we said we'd wait for the one in the area we liked. By 4:00 we still hadn't heard so went to the desk and were told it wouldn't be ready for a while and we were sent to a couple of rooms that were not what we'd been promised. We'd spent most of the afternoon trying to get into our room and were tired. That's when we were talking about what to do (it was 5:30) when a concierge CM named Rona overheard us. She came over and told us not to worry, she'd take care of us. She asked for my name and told me it would be handled! We jokingly called her our Honorary Sister. We weren't even staying concierge; in fact, we just had a standard room and were only wanting to be near an elevator. After Rona told us she'd take care of us, we went back to the desk and sure enough, they gave us a pool view room right next to the Napa Rose elevators, our favorite location! Then when we returned to our room later, there was a platter of specialty chocolate-dipped strawberries on a beautiful wooden platter along with an engraved note from Rona wishing us a great stay! She signed it, "Your Honorary Sister, Rona".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter