Snacks....

Is there anywhere to use a microwave, or a way to ask a waiter/room steward to microwave something? If so, we could bring popcorn... popcorn:: But I'm thinking that the answer is probably "no" since I haven't seen it mentioned here on the all knowing DIS!

We think alike! I always travel with microwave popcorn bags! So easy to pack and most hotels have a microwave in the lobby.

Does anyone else also travel with their purse/bag loaded with fruit snacks and mini bags of other snacks? :thumbsup2

Anyone, anyone know the answer about a microwave??:confused3

No - on the microwave for popcorn! My daughter will be sad, because her new fave snack is popcorn, but she'll have to do without. Besides, I can't imagine that awful smell when someone burns the popcorn (because someone always does).

We think alike! I always travel with microwave popcorn bags! So easy to pack and most hotels have a microwave in the lobby.

Does anyone else also travel with their purse/bag loaded with fruit snacks and mini bags of other snacks? :thumbsup2

Anyone, anyone know the answer about a microwave??:confused3

Was at the park today and ran into a friend of mine, and the first thing her son said was 'Do you have snacks?' Yes, buddy, I do :)

I gave birth to boys who can not go without eating every 2 hours, and yes they've even been known to wake us up and ask for a snack in the middle of the night!!!

My favorites are (and what I plan to bring with on the cruise): granola bars, raisins/yogurt raisins, annie's organics snack bags of cheddar bunnies, bags of apple slices/apple slices and grapes, Trader Joes has a great dehydrated snack section with blueberries, snap peas, bananas, etc., and dole apple bites (I think they also come in mango and pineapple)

We too love popcorn - bet we could pop our own and use ziploc bags as snack bags? anyone ever tried doing that???

Great thread!:thumbsup2

And on the Magic on the June 8th Med cruise! Hope this continues to become regular on all ships, the icecream tasted so much better in a cone ;)

The snacks from cove cafe are free too, just help yourself. The coffee, etc, there you have to pay for unfortunately.

FYI...the snacks at the Cove Cafe on the Dream are not self serve....the CM got them out for you as there is no self service access to the case......the case door is behind the counter.

MJ

We too love popcorn - bet we could pop our own and use ziploc bags as snack bags? anyone ever tried doing that??

My understanding is that the only food that can be brought on board has to be factory sealed/prepackaged & unopened. I don't think food in ziplock bags would be allowed. :confused3

FYI...the snacks at the Cove Cafe on the Dream are not self serve....the CM got them out for you as there is no self service access to the case......the case door is behind the counter.

MJ

What do they have for snacks at The Cove? Is there a Cove Cafe on the Wonder?

When we were on the Dream Cove Cafe had some petit four type cakes, some little slices of banana bread, a few cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. It varied each day- they didn't always have all of these things.

We always bring boxes of movie theater candy with us- much cheaper to buy at Dollar General than on the ship!

I have made arrangements to order my daughter a gift basket with snacks and such from The Perfect Gift (heard about it from the another thread).

The lady I spoke to was amazing and really helped me pick out a great selection of toys, movie snacks, drinks and other items for the cruise. They guarantee delivery to your room so it is there when you board.

I feel that it will be easier then trying to haul all that stuff around and get it on the ship after spending a week before hand at WDW.

The real question is do they have root beer?? If so then I am going to have a root beer float overdose.

My understanding is that the only food that can be brought on board has to be factory sealed/prepackaged & unopened. I don't think food in ziplock bags would be allowed. :confused3

I have made arrangements to order my daughter a gift basket with snacks and such from The Perfect Gift (heard about it from the another thread).

The lady I spoke to was amazing and really helped me pick out a great selection of toys, movie snacks, drinks and other items for the cruise. They guarantee delivery to your room so it is there when you board.

I feel that it will be easier then trying to haul all that stuff around and get it on the ship after spending a week before hand at WDW.

Good point about the prepack'd food -- well, we should have enough snacks to last us at least the first three binges :lmao:

and GENIUS on the perfect gift -- had considered ordering gift baskets from Disney but I bet the perfect gift will be more capable of custom creating something for us. Thanks for posting the suggestion and how excited will the kids be to see TREATS!!!!! :rotfl:

The real question is do they have root beer?? If so then I am going to have a root beer float overdose.

LOVED the basket my sister had Shirley do for me for our cruise. A six pack of DIET ROOT BEER and a few snack bags of Cheetos (she figured I couldn't survive the week withouth them). Also had a stuffed Tigger, Tigger Mug, Tigger beach towel...it was great!

The root beer on the ship is Barq's and CocaCola, in their infinate wisdom. adds caffine to it! :sad2: There hasn't been any diet Barq's offered that I am aware of. I bring my own and have been know to share with friends so root beer floats can be had by all!

I dont drink caffeine disappointing to hear that they add it to their rootbeer :sad1: I looked up the perfect gift...what an awesome idea thanks so much for that :hug:

Good point about the prepack'd food -- well, we should have enough snacks to last us at least the first three binges :lmao:

and GENIUS on the perfect gift -- had considered ordering gift baskets from Disney but I bet the perfect gift will be more capable of custom creating something for us. Thanks for posting the suggestion and how excited will the kids be to see TREATS!!!!! :rotfl:

I dont drink caffeine disappointing to hear that they add it to their rootbeer :sad1: I looked up the perfect gift...what an awesome idea thanks so much for that :hug:

What is "The Perfect Gift"? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter