Snack Credit question

It's a shame they took it away because those ice cream sandwiches at Dino Bite were an awesome use of a snack credit.

Considering that the giant cookies and the ice cream are *each* a snack credit otherwise, making the value of the sandwich *three* credits, I'm amazed that anywhere at all still lets you get one.

In the past year or so Disney seems to be cracking down on instances where guests are getting too good a deal on snack credits - I'd guess we should expect more of the same.

In the past year or so Disney seems to be cracking down on instances where guests are getting too good a deal on snack credits - I'd guess we should expect more of the same.

Disney controls what is a snack credit so it's not like there is a scam going on here.. but i do see the issue .. maybe thats why it's only a credit at MK -- just that bit of pixie dust...

I was told by a CM a few years ago that almost anything that is $4.00 and below can be used as a snack credit. I have followed that advice and have never had a problem. I know last Aug we used our snack credits at the Dino for ice cream and had no problem, but we followed the $4 rule.

I've heard of that $4 rule as well. I think that's pretty standard in the parks, isn't it? If it is a snack credit, you should notice that purple DDP sign next to it on the menu when you get to the restaurant.

The $4 rule is a guideline, it may or may not apply to any single item. You may need to ask if you are unsure. There aren't always DDP logos to show you what counts as a snack credit.

They haven't been running any snack credit scams - a snack credit is a snack credit and you can either use it or not - but recent months have seen reductions in some items like the make-your-own treats at Goofy's Candy Co. which have been cut down a lot as to what you can get for a snack credit. (Saw a thread about people going in there and using 21 snack credits to get make your own treats with all the fixings and clogging up the works in there, so there could be other reasons at work.)

Similar situation with the funnel cakes - you can't use a snack credit for one at Epcot but (so far) you can at MK's Sleepy Hollow.

(They have been taking snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival kiosks for a couple of years and a lot of those items cost more than $4)

I really think about it this way...

Don't expect anything more then what is listed in the dining brochure. This way, you will not be disappointed. If you get anything extra, then you got a deal on it.

They weren't listed as a snack at dino bites December 2009 - we'd gone specially on advice from DIS.

Think they were $4.19.

I didn't ask if we could get one as we were happy with sundae that did have the dp snack logo.

oo thanks I guess I shall get one at MK! I also heard that sometimes they do/don't accept a Snack Credit at Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter