Snack credit ideas please

barb53lac

Mouseketeer
Going in Nov and doing the DXDP. So we will have lots of snack credits. I am looking for ideas of things I can pick up and bring home. Our last trip we went they had gingerbread cookies in the lobby of the beach club. So we picked up some of those for gifts. Looking for things that will withstand the plane ride home. Thanks

What we do is hit DTD the morning before we leave and go to Goofy's Candy Co. Then what ever credits we have, we spend there for prepackaged goodies to take with us.
Love the chocolate, caramel corn!! Oh, I think next time I will spend all my credits on this. So good!!!

What we do is hit DTD the morning before we leave and go to Goofy's Candy Co. Then what ever credits we have, we spend there for prepackaged goodies to take with us.
Love the chocolate, caramel corn!! Oh, I think next time I will spend all my credits on this. So good!!!

Yes I second that, Goofy's Candy Co. is an excellent place to use up the credits. We bought home, all the way to the UK, a huge supply of Disney goodies and munched our way through loads of cookies and other items the following day with my parents. Great present also..:) Also the store on the Boardwalk, the name escapes me at present does great Cupcakes that travel quite well, if they ever get as far as coming home with us in the first place!!:)

The last two times we've tried to use snack credits at Goofy's, the only things that were available were very small items. None of the custom treats were snack credit options, much to our disappointment! But since we were in DTD, we simply walked down the street a bit and went to Babycakes! Even if you don't have food sensitivities, their goodies are amazingly delicious. Donuts, cookies, muffins and cupcakes are all usually 1 snack credit AND they will put it in a box for you!

Another option that is portable would be popcorn (there are bags of Carmel Corn that makes a great plane snack)!

moving to the DDP board - there is a link at the top for DDP snack credits - what is available where

the treats in Germany at the caramel store have lots of 1 credit options :banana:

We had leftover credits last week and grabbed several of the mickey shaped rice krispy treats on a stick...some had the ears dipped in chocolate...and tney were individually wrapped. They were really good!! We picked them up at our resort...POFQ.

We are not snackers, so usually have just about all of our snack credits left the last day. We usually go to the Main Street Confectionary if we're in MK, the German candy store or the BW sweet shop in we're in Epcot, the Villian's candy store if we're in DS, or Goofy's at DTD.

We went to the Main Street Confectionary on our way out and brought home things like Cotton Candy, Minnie's Bake Shop Cookies, Rice Krispie Treats that had some chocolate and sprinkles, Character Gummies on a stick, Bags with several Rock Candies, Bags with several suckers.........there was tons of stuff to choose from anything that comes to under $5 with tax. My mom got a couple of treats to take to my brother and SIL who didn't come with us. It's a great way to take some things back home to others!

We picked up some of the Mickey Cheese crackers ( like goldfish), small bags of mickey popcorn, Minnies Bakeshop Cookies (YUM), Rice crispie treats, Mickey shaped chocolate covered coconut thingies..there are a lot of choices for you at your resort gift shop. :)

This year, for the first time, we used up most of our remaining SC the day before we left. That way we could pack them in the luggage and not have to carry them on. ;) We got fudge/candy at MK Confectionary. We got those Mickey Rice Krispy Treats dipped in chocolate at POP, and we got caramel treats from Karamel Kuche the day before.

We still ended up getting a few more SC worth of fudge, etc. at Seashore Sweets at BW, but this way I didn't have to carry so much home.

Check out my Snack Thread. I took it over recently and have updated many of the lists from our recent trip. Click on the link in my siggy.

We got dark chocolate caramels with sea salt at the Karamell Kuche last week and just couldn't eat another bite the day before we were due to leave for home. I was surprised that they held up so well for the trip home and were simply delicious a day and a half after we got them, the salt was still on top, too.

I know this is sacrilege here at the DIS, but I can't stand those Mickey rice crispy things! Just icky. :upsidedow

We got dark chocolate caramels with sea salt at the Karamell Kuche last week and just couldn't eat another bite the day before we were due to leave for home. I was surprised that they held up so well for the trip home and were simply delicious a day and a half after we got them, the salt was still on top, too.

I know this is sacrilege here at the DIS, but I can't stand those Mickey rice crispy things? Just icky. :upsidedow

I'm glad I'm not the only one.:rotfl: When I make rice crispy treats at home, I always put peanut butter in the marshmallows and butter as they melt. Without thinking about it, we bought one of the Mickey head treats down at WDW once and round up trashing them. We don't like the rice crispy treats without the peanut butter.:rotfl: Like you, my GD said they were icky too.:rotfl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.:rotfl: When I make rice crispy treats at home, I always put peanut butter in the marshmallows and butter as they melt. Without thinking about it, we bought one of the Mickey head treats down at WDW once and round up trashing them. We don't like the rice crispy treats without the peanut butter.:rotfl: Like you, my GD said they were icky too.:rotfl:

A couple of years ago we used a bunch of snack credits at the end of our trip on the Mickey treats which my GD ended up feeding to the birds at Newark airport when we were waiting for our ride home. At least somebody enjoyed them. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter