Smuggler's Run & DAS

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
I am sure we won't know until it opens, but I wonder how and if DAS return times will work with Smuggler's Run when it opens since it has now been announced that it won't have FP for some time.

I'm guessing there will be no DAS since there will be no Fast Pass offerings for the time being.
Actually, I just read thought an article about the shareholders meeting and it was asked if accommodations were being made apparently and the answer was that the land was designed with accommodations built in, not sure what that means, but it sounds like there will be some sort of option available. I am obviously paraphrasing here, but I am hopeful they will have something after reading that.

You can listen to the meeting online. I did hear them talk about accommodations for autism, but it was a question about companion bathrooms. I didn't hear anything about accommodations at GE, but maybe I missed it.

I would imagine that they are going to have some sort of accommodations, because can you imagine those that have filed the lawsuits over the DAS complaints if they didn't? Seriously, I don't want Disney to have to defend another lawsuit, even if they are in the right, defending themselves against these lawsuits costs money which then results in higher prices. So even if I didn't need the assistance, I would want to make sure they provided it.

And admittedly, I am just going by what the article said, as I don't have time to sit and listen to everything.

That wasn't the article and where I was reading tends to not be allowed on here, so that's why I wasn't linking it. As someone who can have crowd issues myself, I am glad that it sounds like they are indeed thinking about it.

I know at Disney World there is no FP for the rocket ride in tomorrow land yet you can get a DAS return time also there was a time that TSM had no FP but you could still get a DAS return time. I do not see them telling people with a disability they cannot access an attraction for however long the FP are not an option

I know at Disney World there is no FP for the rocket ride in tomorrow land yet you can get a DAS return time also there was a time that TSM had no FP but you could still get a DAS return time. I do not see them telling people with a disability they cannot access an attraction for however long the FP are not an option
Yes, but I do remember a couple that didn't used to have DAS, can't remember which now.

Yes, but I do remember a couple that didn't used to have DAS, can't remember which now.
I have not been able to find any rides at Disney world where I could not use my DAS on and I have been going since almost the begging of the DAS. now I will say the only ride I have not been on is Kali river rapids but beside that one ride I have used my DAS on

You can get a DAS for any ride, not just FP rides.

There have historically been a couple of rides where DAS has not been available, although rare, it does happen.

Our "Grand Circle Tour" guide told us that DAS is not available for the DLRR. What are the other rides that don't use DAS?
If anyone is in the parks and can ask about SWGE and DAS, let's start asking -- knowing that we'll get different answers until the official policy gets out to everyone, it will be interesting to see what CMs know about this.

I chatted with Guest Services this morning and was told that return times for DAS will be available for this ride, and that they are now available for all rides at the park. They said that when the return time is requested, you will be told where to come back to enter since the Fast Pass entrance won't be open. Given that the system is set up to basically hold your place in line, virtually, it seems to me that getting a return time for six hours from now rather than standing in line for six hours when your kiddo has sensory issues or what have you seems like a no-brainer for Disney.

I chatted with Guest Services this morning and was told that return times for DAS will be available for this ride, and that they are now available for all rides at the park. They said that when the return time is requested, you will be told where to come back to enter since the Fast Pass entrance won't be open. Given that the system is set up to basically hold your place in line, virtually, it seems to me that getting a return time for six hours from now rather than standing in line for six hours when your kiddo has sensory issues or what have you seems like a no-brainer for Disney.
Sounds like what they did when TSM had no FP

I'm guessing they will have DAS holders go through the exit. I'm sure they will set up a small queue area for this purpose, similar to how they handle wheelchair riders on PotC and RSR.

We will find out since we use DAS for our son. He is very excited about this ride, in particular (the other ride will have to be something I ride first to see if I think he could handle it...the rumors of a drop are concerning because he would freak out on anything even remotely resembling Tower of Terror).

I just wonder how they will handle DAS during the weeks where you need a reservation to enter the land. If the reservations are timed, how will they coordinate that?

Do you think that they will be stricter on issueing DAS when the land first opens? I planned a trip during what I thought would be a slow time because I have a party member with severe anxiety, triggered by crowds. I was going to try to get a das for him, but I figured worst case, if they said no, the triggers would be minimal (though he did have panic attacks in some of the Disney lines even on a greed day). Now, I will definitely need it, but I am worried that they will super strict on who gets one or I will get a cm who only gives to autistic kids or something.

I'm guessing they will have DAS holders go through the exit. I'm sure they will set up a small queue area for this purpose, similar to how they handle wheelchair riders on PotC and RSR.

We will find out since we use DAS for our son. He is very excited about this ride, in particular (the other ride will have to be something I ride first to see if I think he could handle it...the rumors of a drop are concerning because he would freak out on anything even remotely resembling Tower of Terror).

I just wonder how they will handle DAS during the weeks where you need a reservation to enter the land. If the reservations are timed, how will they coordinate that?
I think at Disneyland you have to stay on site to even get in the land my guess during this time you will need to be on site and then be able to use your DAS for the ride during your time slot for Disney world as long as you can get Into HS you will be able to use your DAS but the DAS will not help with feting into HS

Do you think that they will be stricter on issueing DAS when the land first opens? I planned a trip during what I thought would be a slow time because I have a party member with severe anxiety, triggered by crowds. I was going to try to get a das for him, but I figured worst case, if they said no, the triggers would be minimal (though he did have panic attacks in some of the Disney lines even on a greed day). Now, I will definitely need it, but I am worried that they will super strict on who gets one or I will get a cm who only gives to autistic kids or something.
I would go to GR and talk to them about your friends need if they say no then go on with your day when/ if you run into trouble go back and explain why things are not working. I have a very hard time exsplaing my needs and had to go back. Yes it is not fun in full meltdown mode but it is what I had to do.

I think at Disneyland you have to stay on site to even get in the land my guess during this time you will need to be on site and then be able to use your DAS for the ride during your time slot for Disney world as long as you can get Into HS you will be able to use your DAS but the DAS will not help with feting into HS

No, you don't need to be staying onsite at Disneyland to get into the land. They will be opening up free reservations to access the land to everyone. Hotel guests will get one guaranteed reservation during their stay, but the land will be open to anyone who gets a reservation via the sign up online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter