Smoking at the values

AntFarm

Mouseketeer
Just got back from spring break trip with my youngest son. We usually stay at POR and past couple trips at Bonnet Creek and Doubletree Suites Disney Springs but it was just us two this week and he wanted to stay at Pop Century. I am not against smokers but it seems like it is many more people that smoke or smoking areas close to the rooms at this value resort. Anyone notice this?

Just got back from spring break trip with my youngest son. We usually stay at POR and past couple trips at Bonnet Creek and Doubletree Suites Disney Springs but it was just us two this week and he wanted to stay at Pop Century. I am not against smokers but it seems like it is many more people that smoke or smoking areas close to the rooms at this value resort. Anyone notice this?

We've had multiple stays at each level and did not see more at any resort. :confused3

I thought Pop was pretty bad with smoking. One of the most annoying things was that the smoking section is right on the path from the 70's building to the food court. Had to walk through a cloud every morning.

Also saw two girls (late teens, early 20's) sitting outside their rooms smoking on the walkway in the 70's section.

Of course, I noticed smokers at CBR and POR quite a bit, also. It seemed that whenever I wanted to sit on a bench near the water and relax, a smoker came over, sat down, and lit up.

One of my biggest negatives with Disney right now is that most of the places in the parks or the resorts where there are nice benches and seating areas are smoking areas. We non-smokers like to sit and relax, too.

Our first stay at POP we had to walk past a smoking area to get to the dining room, but we quickly figured out a way around that. Last stay, I didn't notice any smokers, probably because of where our room was situated.

One of my biggest negatives with Disney right now is that most of the places in the parks or the resorts where there are nice benches and seating areas are smoking areas. We non-smokers like to sit and relax, too.

I'm not a smoker, but I'm going to disagree with you a bit. Look at a park map next time you are at WDW. I think the Magic Kingdom is down to 2 smoking areas. There are plenty of places for non smokers to sit and relax. DSAs are very few in number.

When at Pop Century, we don't even bother to notice smokers. We are on vacation and we are on our way to fun or just back back from fun. The only time smokers "bothered" us was at Epcot when we saw a nice bench and wanted a sit. We then noticed WE were the ones who were in the wrong place as it was a small smoking section (never bothered to look since we've never smoked). We just got up and left.

We never noticed it at Pop. We had issues at POR and had to change rooms due to people actually smoking in the connecting room. We found the smokainh areas bad there too.

Must have been section we were in, 70's. We never were bothered by smoking when we've stayed at POR but it annoyed me at Pop. It seemed more than average. Thought maybe it was a value thing with the way the rooms and paths are.

We never noticed it at Pop. We had issues at POR and had to change rooms due to people actually smoking in the connecting room. We found the smokainh areas bad there too.

Oh goodness, if someone is smoking in a hotel room, please call the front desk! That kind of stuff should never be tolerated.

(and this is coming from a smoker)

Also saw two girls (late teens, early 20's) sitting outside their rooms smoking on the walkway in the 70's section.

I'm not sure about Pop, but in POR, that's actually against the rules.

MK has 2 smoking areas in the entire park. Epcot has 2 in Future World, 3 in World Showcase, AK has 3, HS has 4. If someone is smoking in a non-designated area, oh please say something to a CM. Enough idiots ruin the smoking in the parks, they might do away with it altogether.

Yeah, smoking sucks, but you don't want to see me nic-fitting.

Oh goodness, if someone is smoking in a hotel room, please call the front desk! That kind of stuff should never be tolerated.

(and this is coming from a smoker)

I'm not sure about Pop, but in POR, that's actually against the rules.

MK has 2 smoking areas in the entire park. Epcot has 2 in Future World, 3 in World Showcase, AK has 3, HS has 4. If someone is smoking in a non-designated area, oh please say something to a CM. Enough idiots ruin the smoking in the parks, they might do away with it altogether.

Yeah, smoking sucks, but you don't want to see me nic-fitting.

We did had to be moved plus they were removed from the property was quite the scene to watch. Once we reported it they were actually caught.

We did had to be moved plus they were removed from the property was quite the scene to watch. Once we reported it they were actually caught.

If they were asked to leave and hit with the $250 cleaning fee, then they got off with the minimum.

I read a story somewhere (I can't find it right now) where a couple were caught smoking at a WDW hotel room balcony. They were asked to stop smoking on the balcony, they refused. Then they were asked to leave, and refused. They claimed they were paying guests, and could do what they want. A supervisor came, tablet computer in hand, hit a few buttons, and said "as of right now, you're no longer paying guests at this hotel, please leave" and they still refused. The police were called, and they actually got arrested for trespassing. Saddest part of that story was, there were kids in the room now crying from all the commotion their parents were causing.

It's not just at the values. At OKW they allowed smoking in the courtyard next to the stairs up to door our room. And also at the outside area by the hospitality center. Very unpleasant st times to walk through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter