"smoke gets in your eyes" cruise?

francie

DIS Veteran
hi, i've read where some folks were disappointed with the illuminations cruise because of smoke and fuel smells in their faces during the show. has any one exerienced this? is it so bad that it ruins the "magic"? also, another complaint was that most of the illuminated countries could only be partly seen or not at all. can any one dispute this who has experienced the cruise lately? is it still worth doing? (i hope, i hope!)

We had the smoke & soot in our eyes during our cruise and it didn't ruin it for us. The view was great, but there were parts we couldn't see from the boat. I know others feel this is the only way to see Illuminations, but it was a 1 time thing for us. We're usually at Epcot when it's not too crowded so we don't have to stake out our spots early and we enjoy the show better from land. BUT...definitely do it at least once because it's a unique experience!!

We took the cruise in June and had no problems with smoke. The perspective from the boats is very nice but totally different from normal viewing. I would say that everyone should try the cruise at least once, but I think I prefer to watch from dry land as you are really able to take in everything. The biggest perk is not having to stake a spot out an hour in advance.

I agree with Suzanne.

We too had a smoke and soot experience on our Illuminations cruise. We still enjoyed it, but I preferred my "in the park" experiences better. I'm sure the show would have been better without the smoke/soot, but I felt you can get closer when in the park with a bigger "wow" factor.

The boat captain was great. The cruise portion before Illuminations was very informative and I learned things I didn't know before. I'm glad I did the cruise, but once is enough for us.

HTH,
Dan.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter